Boston College Head Coach Jeff Hafley is Packers New DC

2024 DC Search  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT to be the next DC?

• Jeff Hafley
    • Jim Leonhard
    • Wink Martindale
    • Ejiro Evero
    • Christian Parker
    • Zach Orr
    • Jesse Minter
    • Anthony Weaver
    • Chris Hewitt
    • Al Harris
    • Larry Foote
    • Aden Durde
    • Dennard Wilson
    • Aubrey Pleasant
    • Brandon Staley
    • Joe Barry
    • Bobby Babich
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Leslie Frazier
    • Chris Harris

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/01/2024 at 01:07 AM

The flavor of the month that is the Ravens defense has turned into a wildfire. Makes me think of all the people that thought hiring Patriot people would lead to Super Bowls.  

If you believe that Mertig had a “legit team source” (I’m not sure I do, but let’s assume that he really does) - I don’t think the “offer” part was right. I wouldn’t be surprised if some blabbermouth said “he’s the guy - IF no one else works out” - of course no one would ever tell Parker that. You wouldn’t “offer” him that. But I could see that being the conversation between people in the know. Again, I think Mertig might be being yanked around or just straight up dishonest. But there are insiders who love to talk. Eliot Wolf’s “guys” used to leak stuff and I know others found it frustrating 

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah not sure what the guy wants, it was CLEARLY the Badgers HC job. Think he spurned us because he could see a real chance of PC being let go soon and that was job #1 on his list. Since then it almost seems like he wants to mope his way out of coaching. 

2 years out of a major position if he doesn't accept anything this year. Just a very odd career arc. 

Maybe it was Badgers HC or bust and he's done with it. Lifestyle has to be a grind, so who could blame him if he chose a new path. 

2 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

If you believe that Mertig had a “legit team source” (I’m not sure I do, but let’s assume that he really does) - I don’t think the “offer” part was right. I wouldn’t be surprised if some blabbermouth said “he’s the guy - IF no one else works out” - of course no one would ever tell Parker that. You wouldn’t “offer” him that. But I could see that being the conversation between people in the know. Again, I think Mertig might be being yanked around or just straight up dishonest. But there are insiders who love to talk. Eliot Wolf’s “guys” used to leak stuff and I know others found it frustrating 

Not too unlike draft picks being led to believe a team will still pick him if he's still at their spot... and then they pass on him. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of Dennard Wilson or Christian Parker as DC.  The Packers are set to do a makeover of the DB room this offseason, and both guys have and excellent track record of getting the best out of their DB charges.  Those two make the most sense to me at this point.

24 minutes ago, R T said:

The flavor of the month that is the Ravens defense has turned into a wildfire. Makes me think of all the people that thought hiring Patriot people would lead to Super Bowls.  

The flavor of the "month"? Ya, hiring someone form the raven's seem like a foolish idea with their long history of poor defenses and defensive coaches...

More like the flavor of over two decades.

Edited by Arthur Penske

I could be wrong, but the “Patriots Way” not translating to other teams was 1. mostly attributable to not having the greatest quarterback of all time on any of those other teams and 2. a collection of massive egos that were all working under one of the greatest coaches of all time

This isn’t that, I think. This is a long track record of an excellent system. At best, you get one of their guys and copy their template for success. At worst, you finally made an effort to go outside your comfort zone. What’s the “can’t miss” alternative? We already tried the Fangio fad and it failed. Before that it was the Ryan tree. I struggle to think what other defensive system our fans would like us to explore that has a equitable pedigree