Will the Ravens ever win the Superbowl with Lamar Jackson?

Slingin' Sammy

1 hour ago, TOUCAN said:

When Josh Allen underperforms, he gets some pretty surface level criticisms. When Lamar Jackson underperforms, those criticisms aren’t just surface level.

Oh give me a break.  Allen gets as much criticism as any player in the league.  

• Like 2

Just now, CasperX22 said:

Oh give me a break.  Allen gets as much criticism as any player in the league.  

When Allen loses I literally never see anyone say he's not a top 10 QB, or can't throw, or should be a RB. Didn't see a thread saying "Can the Bills win a Superbowl with Josh Allen?" either.

It's completely different than how people criticize Lamar. Lamar loses and people think he's not good enough. Josh Allen loses and people think his team isn't good enough.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

When Allen loses I literally never see anyone say he's not a top 10 QB, or can't throw, or should be a RB. Didn't see a thread saying "Can the Bills win a Superbowl with Josh Allen?" either.

It's completely different than how people criticize Lamar. Lamar loses and people think he's not good enough. Josh Allen loses and people think his team isn't good enough.

There is literally a thread talking about if the Bills window has closed. Its the same thing. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Probably because Jackson hasn't come close to throwing for 4000 yards in a season.  Like it or not QB's are mainly judged on their ability to win and success in the passing game.  You couple that with how small he has come up in playoff games and it's easy to rag on Lamar.  Buffalo asks so much more of Allen more than any QB in the NFL.  Allen has also for the most part balled out in playoff games.  I get that Lamar fans want to put him in the same category as the elite guys in the NFL, but he's just not.  

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There is literally a thread talking about if the Bills window has closed. Its the same thing. 

No it's not, because like I said it's "the team" not "Can they win with Josh Allen?". That entire thread is basically "Have the Bills failed Josh Allen? Is their window closed?" whereas this thread is saying Lamar isn't good enough to win a Superbowl.

There is a huge difference between those two things.

2 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Probably because Jackson hasn't come close to throwing for 4000 yards in a season.  Like it or not QB's are mainly judged on their ability to win and success in the passing game.  You couple that with how small he has come up in playoff games and it's easy to rag on Lamar.  Buffalo asks so much more of Allen more than any QB in the NFL.  Allen has also for the most part balled out in playoff games.  I get that Lamar fans want to put him in the same category as the elite guys in the NFL, but he's just not.  

Jackson is about to have 2 MVP awards. He doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. Saying the Ravens don't ask Lamar, who is also their leading rusher, to do more than Josh Allen is just laughable, honestly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No it's not, because like I said it's "the team" not "Can they win with Josh Allen?". That entire thread is basically "Have the Bills failed Josh Allen? Is their window closed?" whereas this thread is saying Lamar isn't good enough to win a Superbowl.

Jackson is about to have 2 MVP awards. He doesn't need to throw for 4,000 yards in a season. Saying the Ravens don't ask Lamar, who is also their leading rusher, to do more than Josh Allen is just laughable, honestly.

Didn't Allen have like 15 rushing TD this year? Ran for over 500 yards so are we now pretending the Bills don't ask the same of Allen? Lamar had 37 more carries than Allen and 122 less pass attempts. I don't agree that Baltimore asks more of Lamar than Buffalo does of Allen. I think its very similar how much each squad leans on their QB. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You act like Allen isn't asked the same thing.  Difference is Lamar isn't being asked to drop back 600 times and have defenses tee off on him.  I don't think anyone should be saying Lamar isn't a top 10 QB, but he's not in the same class as Allen.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

For me, the way each player performs in the playoffs is completely different. Allen has lost playoff games to the Chiefs when he's been virtually flawless. Every single Jackson loss has the same theme with the offense struggling to score 13+ points. And when we think negatively of Allen, it is the self-destructive plays. But he's had just 6 turnovers in 10 career postseason games. Jackson has 9 turnovers in 6 games. 

So why does Lamar get more grief than Allen? Because we know Allen is good enough to win in the playoffs. He basically did everything he can in 2021 and his team failed him. We do not know if Lamar is good enough to win in the playoffs. 

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

For me, the way each player performs in the playoffs is completely different. Allen has lost playoff games to the Chiefs when he's been virtually flawless. Every single Jackson loss has the same theme with the offense struggling to score 13+ points. And when we think negatively of Allen, it is the self-destructive plays. But he's had just 6 turnovers in 10 career postseason games. Jackson has 9 turnovers in 6 games. 

So why does Lamar get more grief than Allen? Because we know Allen is good enough to win in the playoffs. He basically did everything he can in 2021 and his team failed him. We do not know if Lamar is good enough to win in the playoffs. 

To build on that, the 2 games that Lamar has been able to win in the playoffs the defense was able to hold their opponent to 13 and 10 pts respectively.  Lamar did not have to do much through the air in either game, but did rush for 100 yds in each of those games.  He beat Tannehill and a rookie QB.  This is also part of the reason he gets called a RB playing QB because he is so reliant on his ability to run to succeed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

A superstar RB would help him. Maybe a better WR1 too

Zay needs to grow up, but he’s real good

tbh this team is really close, if they had not turned the ball over 3 times they probably could’ve won it with how the defense was playing. They’re really close, could be as soon as next year they make it back