Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Ward had Kelce I believe. That was on Burks I'm pretty sure

I don't think we know without knowing San Fran's rules for a play like that. I'm sure they have a way that motion should be handled, but hard to say from our vantage point. But, that's also why it works. Puts stress on the defense's rules for motion in man coverage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think we know without knowing San Fran's rules for a play like that. I'm sure they have a way that motion should be handled, but hard to say from our vantage point. But, that's also why it works. Puts stress on the defense's rules for motion in man coverage.

Yeah, to be clear I'm only saying that because I'm pretty sure that Ward carried Kelce post snap, so I'm assuming that was his responsibility. 

34 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah I think the broadcast captured it correctly. Once the motion happens the outside CB is looking at the outside-most player which he thought was the tip of the bunch. He didn't anticipate Hardman stopping and coming back outside, but again without knowing their rules it's all guessing.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I think the broadcast captured it correctly. Once the motion happens the outside CB is looking at the outside-most player which he thought was the tip of the bunch. He didn't anticipate Hardman stopping and coming back outside, but again without knowing their rules it's all guessing.

Once it was first and goal from the 4 in OT, it was over. It didn't matter what the 49ers did at that point.

• Like 1

People can spend a bunch of words talking about playcalling or legacy narratives about this or that player/coach, but really I think this particular game comes down to one muffed punt. 

the NFL is king of parity, where there is not much difference between a 7-10 team & a 10-7 team. And when you get to the very top in the SB, you are splitting hairs on which is the better team. Most of the time, the winning margin is 4 points or less. A gifted turnover in your own redzone is just too much to overcome most of the time. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Its an impressive run but regular season Miami and Buffalo are inflating those numbers a bit. Miami had no NFL caliber edge rushers and Buffalo was playing third stringers on D in the playoffs. Ravens and 49ers were legit opponents though.

good point

how about how SF barely won after major rallies vs Detroit and GB, and was able to get a lead vs this KC team and go into OT.  SF are resilient , not front runners at all. 

1 hour ago, Soggust said:

Just got home reading through replies -

GG to 49ers fans, obv. 

I've been a super outspoken Kyle overrated guy and a Brock apologist, but if you think either one of them was to blame today, I think you're smoking crack.

In fact, I think if you are looking to blame anyone, you're doing it wrong. The 9ers could not have lost a closer game and I didn't disagree with any of the decisions. It was just each team delivering blows and making plays on both sides of the ball. 

There is 0 shame in losing a game this close and if the logic people are using is "Kirk Cousins would have won", then I am trying to figure out what dimension I'm in. Kyle's been unlucky but he's still obviously a great coach and one game doesn't change that. But I do expect him to get the Lamar treatment (which I think is unfair to both, but rules are rules).

I don't even have a problem with them being the favorites next year. They are a really good team and took everything the "Dynasty" Chiefs had to get a win. I'm not gonna lie and say I wanna see them back again, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised lol.

Yeah I think both DLs played incredible tonight. Neither QB made boneheaded plays and while they both missed throws it was typically because of split second plays where they  missed their release point because of pressure rather than bad decisions. Honestly the biggest deciding factor was a punt hitting off a guys ankle and the Chiefs maximizing that opportunity for 7 points. When they had nothing going they took that sliver of opportunity and were ready to execute. 

• Like 1