Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Meanwhile in Cincinnati?

“Tell me the argument that can be made for Burrow outside of team success. This is a team game” - but also the Bengals went 4-2 without Burrow.

”Burrow has consistently had a better defense than anyone outside his class other than Hurts” - has to use the QB class caveat because then he’d have to include Baltimore or Buffalo’s on top of Philly’s.

“Has consistently had a better supporting cast than virtually all of them” - ignoring OL, maybe? But if we’re talking about Tua and Hurts, when factoring in superior OL play, are we so confident that Chase/Higgins present that much of a premium over Hill/Waddle or AJB/Smith? Over the Chargers, sure. 

“Situation’s only going to get worse on the back end of Joe’s contract” - and it won’t for everyone else’s? The $15M-$30M difference over the course of 5 years hardly seems like a make-or-break between fielding a contending team and not.

”Some of the injuries were his fault for holding the ball too long” - which? Not the wrist. Not the ankle. Not the appendix. The ACL was on a 3 step drop back with 2-2.5s to throw. I guess the two big hits vs Green Bay and Philly were sort of “his fault”, but that hardly solidifies the point. 

”I’d rather have Caleb and Drake” - trolling.

Only point he made is that Burrow probably should be labeled injury prone at this point, whether it’s his fault or not. I argued for years that Gronk’s early injuries weren’t his hold (broken elbow being flipped over, infection after elbow surgery, TJ Ward blasting his ACL) but at some point you just face the music. 

Easy to sound smart when there’s no one to push back on cherry-picked information, I guess. I usually don’t pay the social media guys any mind, sheesh.

39 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Our defense is much better at runs inside than out, this stat highlights that. Problem is our corners are so good at tackling that things get tricky on outside runs, so teams largely tend to give up there despite some success 

10 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Meanwhile in Cincinnati?

I hate that argument of “team X went Y and Z without him”. People just use it to fit their narrative. Patriots went 3-1 without Brady and Belichick was a genius. Now it’s .489 without Brady and Belichick is a fraud.

correlation doesn’t necessarily equal causation. Bengals went 4-2 through a number of reasons. Not because Joe isn’t good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Over/under on 0.5, Chase Young pressures?

He is getting clowned all over the place for the effort he showed for a lot of that NFCCG. I have to imagine he will be going all out to lock down a big contract in the offseason, but that's probably just wishful thinking

9 hours ago, adamq said:

He is getting clowned all over the place for the effort he showed for a lot of that NFCCG. I have to imagine he will be going all out to lock down a big contract in the offseason, but that's probably just wishful thinking

I cant imagine anyone giving him a big contract at all. This was his second chance, and he was good for two games. Unless he has a huge game on Sunday, hes not getting more than a one or two year contract, with incentives. Imo.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrscottso said:

I cant imagine anyone giving him a big contract at all. This was his second chance, and he was good for two games. Unless he has a huge game on Sunday, hes not getting more than a one or two year contract, with incentives. Imo.

Aka the Jadeveon Clowney treatment

• Like 1