Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

1 hour ago, Sad People said:

Bosa and Young should eat in this game could be the huge x factor in it.

Young was a liability yesterday.. gotta just hope he can elevate his game vs KC. He is still the best option opposite Bosa, but he was iust flat out lazy on a lot of plays.  Surely he can get it through his thick skull that a SB win with a sack or two only increases his ability to make top dollar this offseason.

32 minutes ago, adamq said:

Young was a liability yesterday.. gotta just hope he can elevate his game vs KC. He is still the best option opposite Bosa, but he was iust flat out lazy on a lot of plays.  Surely he can get it through his thick skull that a SB win with a sack or two only increases his ability to make top dollar this offseason.

He was lazy I do agree with that and largely invisible but there were a a couple plays that he made in clutch time. Can’t remember them off the top of my head but he did show up a couple times. 

• Like 2

Chiefs should be favored by 6.5 Imo 

You have the better of the two defenses. Especially lately. 

And you have the by far the best QB in the league, not close. WITH experience on this show. 

49rs should be pretty decent underdogs. 

Edited by mdonnelly21

Just now, mdonnelly21 said:

Chiefs should be favored by 5.5 Imo 

You have the better of the two defenses. Especially lately. 

And you have the by far the best QB in the league, not close. WITH experience on this show. 

49rs should be pretty decent underdogs. 

Idk man they got tons of talent and Purdy knows how to lead comeback wins. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Chiefs/49ers fans, what do you think of this year's teams versus 4 years ago?

Seems like the 49ers are an improvement across the board from 2019 on offense, is that fair to say? Maybe worse on defense?

Chiefs - much better defense than last time around; offense not as impressive on the face of it. How much does Matt Nagy as OC factor in versus the inferior (on paper) WR talent?

Mostly the obvious for us. Defense is dramatically better, at every level, honestly. Offense is worse, mostly due to the WR position. I actually think our OL and run game are better than they were then, though. Especially if Thuney can go. Taylor is obviously worse than Mitchell Schwartz, even when he isn't committing penalties. But I don't think there's that much of a gap between Fisher and Smith at LT, and the interior is better across the board. Pretty sure we had Wisniewski/Reiter/LDT for that game. Thuney/Creed/Smith is a huge upgrade over that, and Allegretti/Creed/Smith is still better. And Damien Williams holds a special place in KC fans' hearts, but Pacheco is clearly a much better back

WR is really the big loss. And not just Hill, because Rice is obviously still quite good. But Watkins was far more reliable than anything we have for depth right now. Kelce is having a resurgence in the postseason but is still clearly older. Hardman is just objectively worse somehow than he was a few years ago. I'd take Demarcus Robinson or Byron Pringle over Moore or Toney. Robinson might be a push with MVS, honestly. Talented but unreliable. Mahomes is definitely more seasoned, though. Not as reckless, despite what the INT numbers looked like this year. Just smarter, overall. I don't know if this Mahomes throws that 45 yard pass to Hill. But I don't think he throws the two INTs either. Definitely doesn't take 4 sacks. Lower highs but higher lows, kind of thing.

Don't think the coaching is different at all. Spags is somehow better, if anything. Toub is Toub but we don't have the talent in the return game we used to so the decisions he's always made look a lot dumber. You could throw any of the Reid understudies at OC and I'm not sure I'd notice the difference. Nagy, Bieniemy, Pederson, Kafka. It's all the same to me.

But man, the defense. Such a tremendous difference, honestly. That 2019 defense stepped up for the post season, but this year's iteration was amazing from start to finish. There were some really maligned players seeing significant snap counts in that game. Daniel Sorensen played every snap because Thornhill got hurt that postseason. Conner and Edwards are both much better than Dan. Kpass was a full-time starter and we had to add Suggs for depth because I want to say we had two or three DEs go to IR that year. Neither compare to Omenihu or Danna, and Karlaftis has already surpassed Clark at this point. Our LB corp back then was still Hitch, Niemann, Wilson, Ragland. I think all 4 of our top LBs now are better than all 4 of them, in basically every aspect of the game. Our CBs were very good that game, Ward, Breeland, and Fuller all had good games and were great for that postseason run. But Sneed and McDuffie in particular are still on another level. Watson and Williams are damn good in their own right.

That 2019 team had a hey, let's just not screw this up, guys, kind of defense. Hold on long enough, make a play or two at the end to seal the deal, and that's all we need. Our current iteration is a winning games on their own kind of defense.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Idk man they got tons of talent and Purdy knows how to lead comeback wins. 

What I am really excited about is how well Spagnoulo can change up his gameplan based on the offense he is facing. He has done that in all three playoff games this year. He had Tua Tagovailo confused and not sure what he was seeing....and the same seemed to be the case for Lamar. He now has proven time and again that he is a mastermind at gameplanning in the playoffs based on the opposing QB.

• Like 2