Super Bowl LVIII: Kansas City Chiefs vs. San Francisco 49ers

Chiefs or 49ers  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Super Bowl 58?

• Chiefs
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/2024 at 11:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Man, I was with you until you said that. Couldn't be more wrong, and Better Call Saul is right there with it. There are still good shows being made these days (Reservation Dogs, Dark Winds, just to name a couple), but they are few and far between compared to the 80's/90's.

The best tv shows are made for stream8ng networks.

Think about Dan Flannigans shows, which are all better than all of the 1990s shows

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

I think that's more an indictment of movie quality today.

Really just misconstruing "production values" and "polish" for Good TV.

Not needing to have cliffhangers and dragging out tv seasons has been a giant boom.

• Like 1

Just now, Dan33185 said:

I need to watch The Sopranos. I'm a mob/mafia movie fanatic, but for some reason I just never got around to watching The Sopranos. My goal for this year, that's for sure.

I couldn’t make it past the pilot episode. I gotta give it another try here maybe I wasn’t in the right mindset. 

2 minutes ago, Dan33185 said:

Man, I was with you until you said that. Couldn't be more wrong, and Better Call Saul is right there with it. There are still good shows being made these days (Reservation Dogs, Dark Winds, just to name a couple), but they are few and far between compared to the 80's/90's.

I can't really recall many in the 80s/90s that were actually good. Nostalgic, yeah. But did not age well.

Recent shows have depth and context that can't be matched - one episode of Succession is better written, directed and acted than pretty much any show from that 80s/90s era.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Is Mahomes just not trusting his receivers?

Coverage has been good the few times I've seen it. But they've especially done well covering Rice and Kelce, and they're the only two guys Mahomes really feels comfortable with.

Just now, Malfatron said:

Not needing to have cliffhangers and dragging out tv seasons has been a giant boom.

I think the death of the "full season" with like 24 episodes is actually an incredibly crappy thing that streaming has done to the TV Industry.

Just now, Sad People said:

I couldn’t make it past the pilot episode. I gotta give it another try here maybe I wasn’t in the right mindset. 

Sopranos is fantastic if you go into it realizing it’s not supposed to be a very serious Scorsese type setting. 

it’s actually a hilarious show with decent drama built in