2024 Dallas Cowboys Offseason Tracker

MaddHatter

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You can easily work around that by extending your current guys, and utilizing future money. I personally wouldn't advise relying on Trey Lance, if even Shanahan didn't want him then that's a big red flag IMO. The sooner you extend Dak the more money you save. You know what he is at this point, either you keep him and try to keep the window open, or you don't and you hit the full reset IMO.

Honestly at this point, after last season looking at the current market, Dak would be probably looking at 55M a year.

Really hope for your sakes that CeeDee signs before Jefferson, and y'all need to make up your minds sooner rather than later on Dak to avoid any further price tag increases.

Obviously they aren’t sure on Dak. Otherwise he would have the extension already. Right?

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Obviously they aren’t sure on Dak. Otherwise he would have the extension already. Right?

You'd think that but they did this last time Dak was up for a contract too trying to penny pinch. Also having Micah and ceedee wanting new deals and they're just not getting done in a timely fashion. It doesn't make any sense to me. They're trying to play hardball but it will never benefit you to wait when you're sure on guys like that. I can understand maybe wanting to wait through this year with Daron bland, but the other 3 you either know you want them or don't IMO

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

You'd think that but they did this last time Dak was up for a contract too trying to penny pinch. Also having Micah and ceedee wanting new deals and they're just not getting done in a timely fashion. It doesn't make any sense to me. They're trying to play hardball but it will never benefit you to wait when you're sure on guys like that. I can understand maybe wanting to wait through this year with Daron bland, but the other 3 you either know you want them or don't IMO

Hypothetically, say they “know” they don’t want Dak. What would be the best thing for them to do at this point? Exactly what they are doing, right? 

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Hypothetically, say they “know” they don’t want Dak. What would be the best thing for them to do at this point? Exactly what they are doing, right? 

I would have to think the lack of an established QB or at least concrete plan to secure one also impacts the likelihood of retaining CeeDee, but even moreso Parsons. I've been following Parsons pretty closely since high school, I can't see him wanting to hang around if you're trotting out some bum QB and the offense becomes poor.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I would have to think the lack of an established QB or at least concrete plan to secure one also impacts the likelihood of retaining CeeDee, but even moreso Parsons. I've been following Parsons pretty closely since high school, I can't see him wanting to hang around if you're trotting out some bum QB and the offense becomes poor.

Like I said, the cowboys are 9-4 in the last 13 games without Dak. I doubt Parsons gets that butt hurt about Dak leaving. Parsons, CD, and CDs momma seem to be the most frequently upset with Dak. 

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

If they know they don’t want Dak, then not trading him would be downright stupid.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 9:09 AM, TVScout said:

Dak has a no trade clause.

Sure, but like Matt Stafford, I’m confident Dak would wave clause and give a list of potential suitors or just waive it altogether

Edited by WizardHawk

On 5/22/2024 at 6:28 PM, DaBoys said:

I don’t think so. You’d be trying to get him to waive his no-trade clause and get something in return for him.

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don’t think so. You’d be trying to get him to waive his no-trade clause and get something in return for him.

This franchise? We almost never try to get something for former stars. Like if we knew Dak was going to start over Romo, why not trade Romo. If we knew we weren’t going to sign Dez why not trade him? If we knew last year was Tyron Smiths last, why not get something for him? Why let DeMarco Murray walk when we could have got a pick for him? If we knew we weren’t going to resign Byron Jones why let him sign a huge deal in Miami instead of trading him? And even when we DO trade a player the compensation seems like a fire sale like with Amari Cooper. When was the last time this franchise traded a player for good compensation? Hershall Walker? Much less a starting QB, face of the franchise, with a no trade clause. 

55 minutes ago, the lone star said:

This is going to be a long and rough season, or at least that's what I think. But the 2025 season should be fun.

I almost feel the opposite, tbh. This is probably still a 9 or 10 win team with Dak, not that anyone will enjoy or respect that. But 2025 without him (and Martin, and Lawrence)? That could be 4 or 5 wins.

I guess it's hard to stay at this point, lot of balls in the air. But that's my impression of this team's immediate-term trajectory.

On 5/24/2024 at 7:51 PM, DaBoys said:

Like if we knew Dak was going to start over Romo, why not trade Romo. If we knew we weren’t going to sign Dez why not trade him? If we knew last year was Tyron Smiths last, why not get something for him? Why let DeMarco Murray walk when we could have got a pick for him? If we knew we weren’t going to resign Byron Jones why let him sign a huge deal in Miami instead of trading him? 

They hold onto players for too long because they love their players. They want to win with their players. Not because they’ve decided to move on just hang onto them. Whether they are good about getting trade return isn’t the argument. Clearly they are not. The question is whether our actions line up with “knowing” that don’t want Dak.

I would say, no, definitely not. They are certainly contingency planning for life if they are indeed unable to re-sign him. And they certainly seem to be prioritizing “winning” the negotiation over getting a deal done.

But 100% decided they don’t want him? If that’s the case, just letting home play out his contract might be the biggest malpractice for this franchise in my lifetime, bordering on sabotage.