Which HC hire are you most and least impressed by?

notthatbluestuff

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but that's not just on Harbs. Trent Baalke, who has had a history of spotty relationships in the past as well...definitely responsible for some of the mess the 49ers found themselves in post 2014

That was definitely a situation where two guys made that substantially more of a disaster than if it were just one them being hard to deal with. 

Also, I'd argue that the wave of retirements and whatnot really crippled the team just from a talent perspective which exacerbated the fallout 

Hopefully Harbs waits a while before he tells Dean Spanos that the locker room meeting is for the men only. Yikes. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

15 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

im curious as to your intel and why the opinion on mayo to proclaim this

One of hte smartest players I had ever talked to when I was first starting out on my website. One of the nicest dudes. Coaches throughout his playing career called him the smartest player they've ever worked with. EVERYONE loves the guy. Magnanimous personality. Just one of the best leaders of men, but also knows schemes and picks things up super quick. He's a fantastic coach.

20 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The new guys:

Atlanta Falcons - Raheem Morris
Carolina Panthers - Dave Canales
Las Vegas Raiders - Antonio Pierce
Los Angeles Chargers - Jim Harbaugh
New England Patriots - Jerod Mayo
Seattle Seahawks - Mike Macdonald
Tennessee Titans - Brian Callahan
Washington Commanders - Dan Quinn

YES:
Chargers
Seahawks

Eh:
Commanders
Titans
Panthers
Raiders

This won't end well:
Falcons
Patriots

18 hours ago, renndawg37 said:

So many people hating on the Callahan hire lol. 

I don't hate the hire, it feels like a meh hire. Who knows, he could end up being the best of the bunch or the worst. I think we just don't know what he did in Cincinnati that suggests how he'll do as a HC. It was Taylor's offense and Taylor called plays. Obviously Callahan had input as the OC, but we don't know how much.

1 hour ago, scar988 said:

One of hte smartest players I had ever talked to when I was first starting out on my website. One of the nicest dudes. Coaches throughout his playing career called him the smartest player they've ever worked with. EVERYONE loves the guy. Magnanimous personality. Just one of the best leaders of men, but also knows schemes and picks things up super quick. He's a fantastic coach.

I too have met him and talked with him before too but I don’t have any idea how he will actually handle being the head coach now. I have some faith in him because of the Kraft’s HC hiring track record and also because of Mayo the person, but I hope that you’re right and it translates.

16 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Why is anyone supposed to be excited by him?

He has worked with several fantastic quarterbacks? He comes from a family and coaching tree of successful coaches? He understands what modern offenses are supposed to look like? He is a very down to earth, and intelligent individual? 

But omg he didn't call plays 

Ps he has also hired a fantastic staff so far, IMO. Better than anything Vrabel had in his 6 years here. 

From the outside looking in:

Most impressive coach hired - Harbaugh, I wanted him in Chicago bad. 

Most impressive coaching hire decision - Raiders, I think Pierce did a hell of a job and earned the role, I was concerned they would go big name hunting and overlook the guy that was right there and doing well. 

Least impressive coach - Dan Quinn. I just feel like he is the transition guy, the guy they hire to help get stability then take a bigger swing after he helps lay the foundation. Seems like a very John Fox-ish hire. 

54 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

From the outside looking in:

Most impressive coach hired - Harbaugh, I wanted him in Chicago bad. 

Most impressive coaching hire decision - Raiders, I think Pierce did a hell of a job and earned the role, I was concerned they would go big name hunting and overlook the guy that was right there and doing well. 

Least impressive coach - Dan Quinn. I just feel like he is the transition guy, the guy they hire to help get stability then take a bigger swing after he helps lay the foundation. Seems like a very John Fox-ish hire. 

Raiders should have went all in for Harbaugh. Keeping Pierce and letting Harbaugh go to a divison rival is insanely stupid to me.

22 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Raiders should have went all in for Harbaugh. Keeping Pierce and letting Harbaugh go to a divison rival is insanely stupid to me.

After throwing all that money at Gruden and McDaniels (and still paying them both) I never thought he was even a real option TBF. Harbaugh was my top option as well. I wanted him in CHI when he split from SF, when the Bears hired Eberflus, and this offseason though. 

Edited by Sugashane

Most underrated hire: Callahan

I'm surprised at how many posters are crapping on that hire.  Far from the most impressive hire, but a very solid hire for a team with a young QB in a rebuilding process.

Most impressive: McDonald

Seattle is maybe a good defense away from being a legitimate threat even with a JAG at QB.  Impressed they had the patience to wait it out and get their guy.

Worst: Dan Quinn

You basically just replaced RR with the same guy.  Way to inspire confidence in the fanbase that had checked out.  You basically just signaled despite the ownership chance it's status quo business as usual.

27 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Are you going with Pierce & Crosby or Harbaugh and no Crosby.  I doubt Harbaugh would have had much interest in that job anyway with better jobs available.  The Raiders did the right thing even if it doesn't pan out.