Which HC hire are you most and least impressed by?

notthatbluestuff

40 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

So many people hating on the Callahan hire lol. 

I'm tempted to say he's my least favorite too. I don't know him well enough, he's Bill Callahan's son and he's going to the Titans, a totally rudderless franchise with no real plan. It's a new GM and HC combo.

1 hour ago, nagahide13 said:

I'm tempted to say he's my least favorite too. I don't know him well enough, he's Bill Callahan's son and he's going to the Titans, a totally rudderless franchise with no real plan. It's a new GM and HC combo.

Ah c’mon, rudderless with no real plan? I think the plan is clear. For collaboration between the GM and HC and actually entering the 21st century as a franchise. I think there’s a reason we hired a head coach known for his passing offense and relationships with QBs and a DC known for coaching the secondary and stopping the pass game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Ah c’mon, rudderless with no real plan? I think the plan is clear. For collaboration between the GM and HC and actually entering the 21st century as a franchise. I think there’s a reason we hired a head coach known for his passing offense and relationships with QBs and a DC known for coaching the secondary and stopping the pass game.

I've been really low on what the Titans have been doing for the last 5 years. I probably shouldn't call them rudderless when they're replacing everybody. They were rudderless. They hopefully have a pretty distinct plan going forward now.

• Like 1

Dave Canales book makes me feel kind of weird about him but it could just be a total difference in lifestyle. I'm not sure if it will have any effect on football, but if he tries to Easterby or something it could be an issue. Totally speculative, I have no idea what he's like as a man.

https://apnews.com/article/panthers-dave-canales-book-94ea9914feda7beee058d6c03a87379a

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Dave Canales book makes me feel kind of weird about him but it could just be a total difference in lifestyle. I'm not sure if it will have any effect on football, but if he tries to Easterby or something it could be an issue. Totally speculative, I have no idea what he's like as a man.

https://apnews.com/article/panthers-dave-canales-book-94ea9914feda7beee058d6c03a87379a

Huh? What does it mean to try to Easterby?

9 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Huh? What does it mean to try to Easterby?

He destroyed the Texans for a few years trying to build a very specific culture.

There's no real reason to expect Canales to do the same, especially since I don't know him... But some of his statements read like that of a bad pastor.

(Canales has a football background for one thing, and I the real issues with Easterby wasn't football related. Or were related to his lack of experience in football and his focus on character)

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

He destroyed the Texans for a few years trying to build a very specific culture.

There's no real reason to expect Canales to do the same, especially since I don't know him... But some of his statements read like that of a bad pastor.

(Canales has a football background for one thing, and I the real issues with Easterby wasn't football related. Or were related to his lack of experience in football and his focus on character)

focus on character is fine but its a fine line between building a roster of football players and a cult

• Like 2

I really think the Harbaugh coach is going to suck as. This is a different NFL, his teachings and offense is very archaic. Guys trying to play age of empires on a new Mac. I really think is going to be a nightmare match, in which Herbert says get me the f outta here.. 

He went to a Niners loaded roster with HOF players. He’s going to the Chargers with like 3 guys who play and 55 guys who are always injured. 

Bust 85% and success rate 15%.. The 15 is because he’s crazy enough to shake things up and whip those boys into shape. 

Macdonald is very interesting to me. The most boom of all of them. Seattle has great pieces set on defense. But they’ve been the whipping boy of the division along with the cards. But you have Kenneth Walker, who I think is one of the best young backs in the league. DK who is a mental midget but has thanos like ability on the field.. I’ve heard that he’s bland and arrogant and that’s a cocktail for a volatile environment. But I love the fit just because of the defense. Could be a sleeping giant.. 60% success and 40% bust. 

Mr Telemundo is going to be fantastic with the Carolina reapers. You can’t be that good looking and fail. Name me a beautiful coach that didn’t make it??  Just a wonderful hire 100%’success rate. I wouldn’t be shocked if the players request a trade from Mr. steal your girl. 

Callahan needs a better Qb. He can’t tie himself to Mayo man. 100% fail rate with that QB. 

Raheem will do extremely well in Atlanta. He’s going to develop talent at an amazing rate. Just scared that the owner will get inpatient. But he’s got it all. 80% success rate he’s going to build a power house. Go all out for a QB. Jayden Daniel will look good in red. 

subscribe to my channel to read the rest. 

By the hires themselves? Probably Mike MacDonald and Dave Canales, as the only two I find impressive. Seattle playing the waiting game and landing McDonald, and Carolina luring in an offensive guy to coach their franchise that really doesn’t have a lot going for them at the moment. 

Everyone else is relatively unimpressive, from a hiring standpoint. Mayo is an in-house promotion. Same with Pierce. LA was one of the best destinations, so no surprise they got one of the best options out there. I don’t think Quinn or Morris were in high demand. Nor do I think many were all that interested in Callahan. 

As far as good/bad hires? I mean, these things are incredibly difficult to predict, so whatever I say is probably wrong (and usually is). I like Harbaugh in LA and MacDonald in Seattle. I don’t know what to make of Canales as the Panthers HC, really. Kinda low on Quinn and Morris. Callahan have little faith in. Mayo’s a virtual unknown too, only advantage he has is he already has rapport with the players, owners, and some of the coaches. Pierce I thought deserved a second chance and could be solid.

10 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Yea in Tampa he didn't do this at all .  Its very possible that he could change due to him being HC but I doubt it.   Not sure how he will do as a HC but he was a good coordinator.  He learned a lot and you could see the progression of the offense as he learned play sequencing etc..   I was really excited to see what improvements he could make going into his 2nd season as a playcaller.