Kansas City should be favored by 5.5

mdonnelly21

Patrick Maholmes >>>>>>> Brock Purdy ESPECIALLY when you factor in Playoff & SuperBowl Experience. 

Not to mention Travis Kelce experience. 

Kansas City's Defense is clearly and comfortably better than the 49ers defense at this point in time. 

Also Brock Purdy was very close to throwing two big INTs in both GB and Lions game. I don't see him getting away with that against KCs secondary. 

I'm afraid that the lights are going to be too bright for Purdy in terms of sticking neck and neck with Mahomes. 

• Better Defense 
  • Way more experience at the most important position. 
  • More experienced Coach. (BY A LOT) 

This is pretty comfortably 5.5 Favor.

One thing 49ers may have going for them is they care closer to San Fran so maybe have Home Field Advantage. Thats why I didn't go 6.5 or 7.5.

I do agree that the Chiefs should be favored, but not sure about the exact point spread. Maybe like by -2.5 points? The 49ers have the better roster on paper but have not played great thus far in the postseason and the Chiefs have a big QB advantage. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I do agree that the Chiefs should be favored, but not sure about the exact point spread. Maybe like by -2.5 points? The 49ers have the better roster on paper but have not played great thus far in the postseason and the Chiefs have a big QB advantage. 

-2.5 is probably around where I put it. I'm honestly surprised we're favored in this one when we weren't four years ago

Just now, jonnguy2015 said:

-2.5 is probably around where I put it. I'm honestly surprised we're favored in this one when we weren't four years ago

Our young players from that time get a lot more respect this time around (Deebo/Bosa/Warner/Greenlaw/etc). The Niners were the better team in the regular season but the Chiefs have beat some damn good teams with one great team in the conference championship game...And they are the freaking defending SB champs with the best QB in the league. I'm a little surprised about the spread as well.

KC -5.5 can be bet at +210 or better on most books, if ppl really feel this way.   

The public is heavily on KC right now, FWIW - it's only a couple of large 100K bets by individual bettors that kept the line at SF -1.5 and then moved it to -2, in case ppl are interested in why the lines haven't moved.    Books may be siding with SF if they don't move the line and the $ keeps coming in on KC.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

KC -5.5 can be bet at +210 or better on most books, if ppl really feel this way.   

The public is heavily on KC right now, FWIW - it's only a couple of large 100K bets by individual bettors that kept the line at SF -1.5 and then moved it to -2, in case ppl are interested in why the lines haven't moved.    Books may be siding with SF if they don't move the line and the $ keeps coming in on KC.

Have you made your pick yet? If so, how do you see this game playing out? 

3 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Patrick Maholmes >>>>>>> Brock Purdy ESPECIALLY when you factor in Playoff & SuperBowl Experience. 

Not to mention Travis Kelce experience. 

Kansas City's Defense is clearly and comfortably better than the 49ers defense at this point in time. 

Also Brock Purdy was very close to throwing two big INTs in both GB and Lions game. I don't see him getting away with that against KCs secondary. 

I'm afraid that the lights are going to be too bright for Purdy in terms of sticking neck and neck with Mahomes. 

• Better Defense 
  • Way more experience at the most important position. 
  • More experienced Coach. (BY A LOT) 

This is pretty comfortably 5.5 Favor.

One thing 49ers may have going for them is they care closer to San Fran so maybe have Home Field Advantage. Thats why I didn't go 6.5 or 7.5.

Mahomes also had 27 total TDs which is 6 more than his counterpart along with a total yards advantage of 4500 to 2000. Oh wait, those are Christian McCaffrey's stats.

McCaffrey is the real MVP, he just plays the wrong position.

• Like 1