Commanders Hire Kliff Kingsbury as OC

HTTRDynasty

29 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Remind me, as my memory has faded a bit in my old age, but wasn't Kliff the guy who failed to develop Kyler Murray and was king of the bubble screen and 3rd and longs?

I have no clue what he brings to the team? Personally, I just hope he doesn't ruin Maye or Daniels. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If I am reading twitter correctly:

Because we got Kliff, we're going to run the air raid while putting up massive rush numbers. We're going to draft Caleb Williams, due to his connection last year, and also draft Drake Maye due to Phil Longo ties. Because of those ties though, we're going to run it back with Sam Howell. This is all the while drafting and developing Jayden Daniels because he actually fits Kliff's mold best.

Straight out of the NBA conspiracy playbook. The league is rigged no matter what the outcome is. Play all angles.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I could see that. At that point though, they’re definitely keeping Fields, so if I’m Chicago, I would trade further back than #2 and presumably recoup multiple Day 2 picks in this draft and multiple future firsts (all of which I think trumps drafting MHJ at #2). 

That's news to me. 

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Better question is, When (not if) Caleb Williams pulls a Eli Manning refusing to go to Chicago? Do they dare draft him and attempt a SD/Giants type trade, forcing their hand? Hoping it doesn't backfire?

Caleb is from the DC area and I'm fairly certain Kliff getting the OC job in some form or fashion was because of the potential drafting of Williams. 

I don't see a Bears/Washington trade occurring in the slightest tbh. Another team leap frogging Washington to #1, absolutely. 

I think it's about to get ugly. 

LOL.  Not happening. 

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If I am reading twitter correctly:

Because we got Kliff, we're going to run the air raid while putting up massive rush numbers. We're going to draft Caleb Williams, due to his connection last year, and also draft Drake Maye due to Phil Longo ties. Because of those ties though, we're going to run it back with Sam Howell. This is all the while drafting and developing Jayden Daniels because he actually fits Kliff's mold best.

randymarshscaryghost.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  Not happening. 

Hate to break it to ya, but it will. You are the 2004 SD Chargers right now. Whether Williams actually gets his wish to go play where he grew up in DC a pick later is up in the air. Especially since NE, ATL, Min, Den could blow Chicago out of the water with a better Hual.

He won't be a Bear. Sorry.

Edited by Nabbs4u

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Hate to break it to ya, but it will. You are the 2004 SD Chargers right now. Whether Williams actually gets his wish to go play where he grew up in DC a pick later is up in the air. Especially since NE, ATL, Min, Den could blow Chicago out of the water with a better Hual.

Hopefully for the Bears’ sake; you’re right. Williams isn’t going to be a franchise QB in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If someone makes an offer you can't refuse than yes Bears will trade out.  It won't be because Williams camp demands out of 1.1 with Bears. 

How do I know? This comes directly from Williams camp.  That was Cowherd speculating on his own due to Bears history at QB and people attributed it to them.  Their camp corrected record.  

They said they don't want to go to a team that doesn't care or has to tarp off seats at stadium.  If anything, Bears fans care too much.  

You think Bears fans don't follow this stuff? 

16 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If someone makes an offer you can't refuse than yes Bears will trade out.  It won't be because Williams camp demands out of 1.1 with Bears. 

How do I know? This comes directly from Williams camp.  That was Cowherd speculating on his own due to Bears history at QB and people attributed it to them.  Their camp corrected record.  

They said they don't want to go to a team that doesn't care or has to tarp off seats at stadium.  If anything, Bears fans care too much.  

You think Bears fans don't follow this stuff? 

I think you're being optimistic,  hoping, praying a Eli Manning situation 20 years later doesn't occur. 

Bears fans have nothing to do with that potential decision. That organizations history with QB,  that lame duck coaching staff and living in that Chicago might.

You think Caleb wants to live in Chicago rather then where he grew up in DC around family and friends? 

You think Caleb would rather play for a Bears HC that will get fired without a 2024 winning season? Play for 2 different OC his first 2 seasons in the NFL (constant change) rather then the OC he just played for at USC and new staff in DC going nowhere?

The Williams camp didn't throw that subtle message out there before the season without a reason. They were letting those in the eventual top 5 of the 2024 draft know. If we don't want to go to........?, We won't. That's exactly the threat Archie Manning told the Chargers!

Guess we'll see if the Bears fit that threat or not. I fully expect Eli 2.0 especially with Kliff installing a offense Caleb already knows and can walk in day 1 of mini-camp and run like a vet. Terminology and all.

Washington > Chicago (No Brainer)

Now out of spite would I if Poles and forced to trade the pick because of that demand if indeed it occurs trade the #1 to a different organization altogether and let them deal with the BS afterwards. 

Abso-GD-lutely!!!!