Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Sidenote…the NFC South really does suck 😂

Can't get much easier than our schedule last year, hopefully we take what the NFL gives us this time!

The NFC south.... the NFL should use a smaller font or all lowercase when hyping those games...  Sure seems like a great time for a team in that division with a not terrible roster and an expensive average-plus-a-notch QB to use their top ten pick to get a difference maker right away! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/nfl/status/1790389820679663903?s=46&t=SQdrLo9OvA4uiIQWb73aCg

3rd weakest schedule in the league next year on paper…

Sidenote…the NFC South really does suck 😂

I don’t put much stock into that stuff. Basically every roster has 25% or more turnover, not necessarily at the top of their roster, but certainly in relevant positions. Between that and injury variance year to year those prior year SOS are nothing more than a rough guide. 

20 hours ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

In case you're curious about how Roquan's* sailing team is going... 

Dude needs new shoes!

*Him and like 20 celebrities/athletes and a bunch of silent money guys.

lolz ahahahahhahahah 🤣😂

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

its apparently a new "offseason" version. it's behind the scenes of the giants from January-July 2024

Surprised they didn't pick the Bears, seems like it would make for far more interesting viewing.  Geroge Halas must be haunting NFL HQ or something, it's really impressive how the Bears haven't gotten knocked. 

I am three weeks away from my schedule no longer being completely nuts.  My wife went back to work full time this past year for the first time since kid 1 was born, and all of a sudden I'm doing dropoffs and pickups at school. My workday is like 6 hrs long now until June.  My business is super seasonal too so it's been full on. Somehow having a record year being up 2x over next best, but my days are totally neurotic: wait for kids to get up, get ready, wait to drop off, scramble like mad until 245, then go home and wait for pickup... Literally counting the days until wife (in education) is off again and I can work a full day and not have to go in at night!  Will actually miss getting to spend so much time with them kids though.  I don't know how people with real jobs have kids and lives. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

I am three weeks away from my schedule no longer being completely nuts.  My wife went back to work full time this past year for the first time since kid 1 was born, and all of a sudden I'm doing dropoffs and pickups at school. My workday is like 6 hrs long now until June.  My business is super seasonal too so it's been full on. Somehow having a record year being up 2x over next best, but my days are totally neurotic: wait for kids to get up, get ready, wait to drop off, scramble like mad until 245, then go home and wait for pickup... Literally counting the days until wife (in education) is off again and I can work a full day and not have to go in at night!  Will actually miss getting to spend so much time with them kids though.  I don't know how people with real jobs have kids and lives. 

Two working parents being norm has low key radically changed American society in a lot of ways.

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Two working parents being norm has low key radically changed American society in a lot of ways.

Not for the better.  Did you know in the early industrial age lots of people thought all the productivity increases would lead to like a 20 hr workweek?  Lol no. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Not for the better.  Did you know in the early industrial age lots of people thought all the productivity increases would lead to like a 20 hr workweek?  Lol no. 

Definitely not for better.

I try to skirt potentially political topics though or stay neutral.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:45 PM, dll2000 said:

On 5/15/2024 at 12:51 PM, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

It’s absolutely brutal.  If my wife and i didn’t have family nearby who can almost always help out at the drop of a hat then idk how we’d survive.  I’d love for her to be able to quit her job and stay home, but then we can’t afford anything fun.  A WFH job would be great, but what can you really do?