Justin Field Trade Options

G08

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think the possible trade partners for the Bears in this situation are in this order;

1. New England Patriots - They really want MHJ, and will fall out of love with Daniels
  2. Seattle Seahawks - The first mystery team, new staff may not be in on Geno
  3. Denver Broncos - They are about to be DESPERATE for a QB, Friday Morning of the Draft possible when they miss out Day 1
  4. Las Vegas Raiders - Minshew only slightly changes this for me, hes still on the cheap (and a backup) but ther was smoke
  5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Do we 100% trust that something wont happen with Russ between now and Opening Day?
  6. Philadelphia Eagles - Breer suggested this on Eisen, now I cant get it out of my head
  7. Indianapolis Colts - Losing Minshew, they need another QB that can play, not sure you can trust AR to stay healthy
  8. New York Giants - How "out" are they really on Dimes? Because Drew Lock, as much as I love him, isnt the answer
  9. Tennessee Titans - Still think theres a chance that the new staff gets in there with Levis and goes "oh no"
  10. Minnesota Vikings - Darnold isnt an answer, but I dont think we would send him in the Division

NYJ when ARod is busy campaigning with RFK

• Like 4

I heard that 60 QBs started for teams last year.  There is a market for Fields.  Pit may have signed Wilson, but only for one year.  Would they give us a 3rd or 4th on a flier for him?  How about the Rams?  Stafford won't play forever

As mentioned before, he could be traded during the draft.  

On the other hand, if ATL was a possibility because of all the offensive weapons they have(BR, DL, KP) why don't we draft MHJ/RO/MN and/or BB?  and give JF more weapons to work with?   

1 hour ago, Bowler1215 said:

I heard that 60 QBs started for teams last year.  There is a market for Fields.  Pit may have signed Wilson, but only for one year.  Would they give us a 3rd or 4th on a flier for him?  How about the Rams?  Stafford won't play forever

On the other hand, if ATL was a possibility because of all the offensive weapons they have(BR, DL, KP) why don't we draft MHJ/RO/MN and/or BB?  and give JF more weapons to work with?   

This is the logic I don't understand from some fans. “Oh fields would be great in atlanta with all those weapons. If he would be great with weapons why don't we just get weapons. Unpopular opinion I say we keep fields trade the number 1# and possibly pick #9 and then draft a 2/3 round quarterback to compete. 

Edited by Thegurubear

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

https://x.com/wessteinberg/status/1767634183080300801?s=46&t=SQdrLo9OvA4uiIQWb73aCg

Very interesting if that comes to pass…many of us said Daboll’s scheme would be great for Fields.

So far this is the only place that I've seen this mentioned anywhere.  Would be great for us though if they did cut him.  Hell, I'd try to take him on as our QB2.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

So far this is the only place that I've seen this mentioned anywhere.  Would be great for us though if they did cut him.  Hell, I'd try to take him on as our QB2.

Same guy. I think you can go ahead and ignore that one. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

Conspiracy theorist:

Wilson’s deal with PIT is for the league minimum with no financial guarantees (irrelevant to Russ since he’s getting the money from DEN regardless). If Fields is indeed not available yet, but will be, PIT could have signed Russ risk-free as a fallback option, and could conceivably trade for Fields in a few weeks and then cut or trade Russ with no financial ramifications whatsoever.

Not saying it’ll happen - just saying it could happen lol. 

12 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

I don't think most posters here have said Fields would be really good in ATL, just that he'd be fun to watch and raises the floor from Ridder (as something like 40 QBs do without any question IMO). With either just competent QB play ATL would have made the postseason in that division.  Him being from Georgia means he also likely gets a lot of love from the area too, so just knowing he is a good guy makes me kind of wish he went there. 

UxWIq9f.png

(Stolen from NFL Gen)

For all the jokes we made about moving Fields to RB, actually SEEING it is bizarre and I kind of like it. With how many errant snaps he has had to snag I think he has the hands to catch some flats and wheel routes. lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

UxWIq9f.png

(Stolen from NFL Gen)

For all the jokes we made about moving Fields to RB, actually SEEING it is bizarre and I kind of like it. With how many errant snaps he has had to snag I think he has the hands to catch some flats and wheel routes. lol 

How dare you sully Fields good name!?! I rebuke you and everything you stand for sir!

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Thegurubear said:

This is the logic I don't understand from some fans. “Oh fields would be great in atlanta with all those weapons. If he would be great with weapons why don't we just get weapons. Unpopular opinion I say we keep fields trade the number 1# and possibly pick #9 and then draft a 2/3 round quarterback to compete. 

A lot of Bears fans are of the opinion we should keep Fields and trade 1.  Probably 40% here think that.  Maybe a majority on X think it.   That isn’t the problem.  

I think the problem is the evidence strongly suggests that is not what is going to happen.  But people don’t want to believe that.  

And it has developed a lot of conspiracy theories on what Poles is really doing.  

If Poles was trading 1, he would want max value.  He would not have waited or kept it a secret.   He would have initiated a bidding war.   He would have leaked his intentions to insiders early on.   Other GMs would have leaked same.  Just like happened last year. Same guy. Same scenario when he wanted to trade the pick.   Great results in return. 

People argue he simply hasn’t decided yet because all due diligence is not yet done on QBs.  That is also why Fields is still with team and not traded.  Schefter suggested this other day.  Valid point.  

But to me if that is true, that is malpractice on Poles part as he has not sought max value on either trading number 1 pick or trading Fields.  By letting teams seeking QBs solve their QB issue in other ways and reducing possible suitors for each or either.  

I believe had a team offered a 1, 2 or 3 for Fields he would not be on team right now.  Nobody offered that so here we are.  

Do I know for a fact any of above to be true? No.  But that is how I read the evidence and can make an educated guess.  

Now if Poles doesn’t have medicals on Caleb he can’t commit to him 100%.  Maybe he has cancer or a heart condition?  

I don’t know that he does or doesn’t have medicals right now.   

He could commit a crime before draft. 

Either way I don’t think that would have stopped him from trading Fields if a good enough offer came in.  

The odds of those events are too small to let that stop you from moving Fields.