What do the Vikings do at QB?

dll2000

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

I change my vote - I want them to go after Rodgers just to finish the historical storyline

Favre never wanted to go to the Jets. There was just no way we were going to trade him to a divison rival like he wanted.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

"Trade Jefferson to the Chiefs, for a 5th round pick!" 

;)

Idk, they are in the super bowl two years in a row without big time WRs.

Especially one that's going cost ~32m/yr.

Mahomes is getting the Brady treatment the rest of his career, I would imagine lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Idk, they are in the super bowl two years in a row without big time WRs.

Especially one that's going cost ~32m/yr.

Mahomes is getting the Brady treatment the rest of his career, I would imagine lol.

Wouldn't be the case if it weren't for Kelce. Goat TE for half the price of a top WR. Big brain moves.

51 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Favre never wanted to go to the Jets. There was just no way we were going to trade him to a divison rival like he wanted.

Oh I know, but after the Favre/Rodgers talk, it's just hilarious how their stories are so similar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Sounds like the start of a joke. What do Vikings do at QB? They always throw on Thor-th down.

Sorry for bad grammar.   Been happening a lot to me lately.  Lack of sleep I think. 

They need to get the best QB they can get in the draft.  If they like one of the top 3 prospects, I'd trade up for one of them.  If there is a prospect who they like just as much who falls to #11, all the better. 

What it all comes down to is that you need a great quarterback in this day and age. The Vikings have been fooling themselves thinking Cousins would ever get them to the promised land.  They need an upgrade.  If they want to resign Kirk for a year, that would be fine.  Then, they wouldn't need to rush the rookie into action too fast.  At the end of the day, however, it's time for them to find their QBOTF and move into the next era of Vikings football.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

They need to get the best QB they can get in the draft.  If they like one of the top 3 prospects, I'd trade up for one of them.  If there is a prospect who they like just as much who falls to #11, all the better. 

What it all comes down to is that you need a great quarterback in this day and age. The Vikings have been fooling themselves thinking Cousins would ever get them to the promised land.  They need an upgrade.  If they want to resign Kirk for a year, that would be fine.  Then, they wouldn't need to rush the rookie into action too fast.  At the end of the day, however, it's time for them to find their QBOTF and move into the next era of Vikings football.  

In theory, this would make the Vikings an ideal landing spot for a "high upside" young QB that they can sit and develop for a year or two.  The AAron ---> Love model.  But there are a few things standing in the way of that.

1) How confident are we that Cousins will even be willing to sign a 1-year deal?  I think that at his age, especially coming off a significant injury with an uncertain future...he's going to want more security than that.  So that kind of moves the timeline around, depending on what that looks like.  If he wants a 2-3 year deal?  Hmmm...And the same things that will give him real "security" in that deal, tend to make a contract very difficult to trade.

2) How willing are the Vikings to use their best asset (high 1st round pick), on something that isn't going to help them compete next year?  It was super controversial when the Packers did it, and ultimately pissed off AARon to the point he demanded out.  It's really going into next year with one arm tied behind your back.  If that's the plan you indicate to Cousins...will he even want to re-sign?  If you're only sorta tepidly half-in on him and next year's team.

3) Given their whole situation as a team, they've got a lot of important guys who aren't getting any younger.  Which kind of harkens back to point #2 above, where...at some point, does it not make more sense to just bring back Kirk and try for another couple years.  Add what you can with a high pick in this draft.  See what you can do...where Cousins has proven plenty good to at least get the team to the playoffs if he's healthy.  From there, you never know.  Any Given Sunday and all that.

Then in a couple years, Kirk is done and gone, a lot of other roster turnover is probably impending.  At that point, maybe you dive right into a full on rebuild, probably secure a very high draft pick and shot at a top QB prospect who is probably more ready to step in then anyway.

Does that not make a lot of sense team-wise and even just from a business perspective to keep the owners happy?