NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

13 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

To be honest, I kind of cringe even more when I see/hear people trying to pigeonhole us into drafting WR & OT with the first two picks.

Like, ok, at 7, there's a good chance that BPA would happen to play one of the those two positions, though I'd argue there are at least a couple of defensive players that could have a case for it.

But we've all pretty much agreed we are rebuilding right now. What's the point of reaching for a need with a top 10 pick year 1 into a rebuild? Long-term, why would anyone believe putting a stopgap on a position of current need would be ideal over adding one or two better prospects that happen to play different positions? Especially when LT isn't the only need on the OL, and we could really use some pass-rush and CB help as well?

I'm with you there. I could easily see CB being one of the first 2 picks. I know it would be outrage if we did take an edge rusher at 7. 

I just think with it being a draft that is supposedly deep, any route you take at OT and WR should be ok, as long as you've done your homework. 

If we take an OT in the 2nd and pass Alt and whoever, and they turn out to be a good pro, because OG Cally and crew believed in him and coached him up, nobody will care, same with WR.

I've always said, I don't care what order we address the needs, just address them with someone you believe in. 

I know a lot of us say it every year about trading back. But maybe this could be the year we actually do. Just listened to a guy on the radio talk about how many connections Ran has from his time in San Fran. I would imagine him being connected could open up avenues if someone sees a guy they like drop to 7.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I know a lot of us say it every year about trading back. But maybe this could be the year we actually do. Just listened to a guy on the radio talk about how many connections Ran has from his time in San Fran. I would imagine him being connected could open up avenues if someone sees a guy they like drop to 7.

If a QB falls or if they feel they can get an OT later and someone wants the top-rated ones, I can see it. 
This is really the year to have as many top 50-100 picks as possible. 

• Like 1

If we do decide to trade back sign me up for Troy Fautanu. I'm really becoming a big fan of his game. Super athletic tackle with great hands. Gets to the second level with ease in the run game. Plays with a nastiness and mean streak that I love. He pops off the tape. Not a freak of nature size wise, but he's got the stuff to become a great tackle in the league. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

If we do decide to trade back sign me up for Troy Fautanu. I'm really becoming a big fan of his game. Super athletic tackle with great hands. Gets to the second level with ease in the run game. Plays with a nastiness and mean streak that I love. He pops off the tape. Not a freak of nature size wise, but he's got the stuff to become a great tackle in the league. 

He tested better than Jedrick Willis in almost every category except Vertical jump.

Same size almost. 

And the NFL.com profile had this quote: 
“He comes from a good program and he’s a really hard-nosed player who can take coaching. Love the makeup.”- NFC national scout.

One of the biggest things I heard about OG Poppa Cally is that he will coach you hard and if you can't take it, you aren't for him.  Fautanu sounds like he has the right stuff. 

• Like 1

Yes, he really starts to pick up steam, as he measured better than people expected him to, and most size concerns were put to rest. He's a solid prospect, though I'm not quite sure his future is at T, still, but a solid prospect nonetheless. Will be interesting to see how NFL teams view him.

I wonder what we do now with the first two picks. Could be interesting. Could see us go a-lot of directions people may not think.

I think the obvious and most Ideal situation for us is a trade back.

Lot more flexibility and things in play for us which I like.

Alot of people are shoeing in Alt or Fashanu for us now and the way perspective/vision seems to be changing around the organization, I am ready to be shocked.

Still have 2 massive holes at OT imo. WR will be a need next year with Hopkins contract up. Hopefully we can sign DL and another ILB in the next day or two. Still need another corner and a safety. Justin Simmons apparently asking for a lot so we are bring in Marcus Maye in for a visit at safety.

I think I'm still all in for Alt at 7. A little more flexibility for our 2nd rounder but I am still leaning WR if we can fill some of those other holes in the coming days

I wasn’t really for Xavier Legette for our 2nd round pick but after the Ridley signing I actually think he’d be a perfect complement to Ridley and Hopkins. The big play #3 guy with potential to develop into Hopkins replacement.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I wasn’t really for Xavier Legette for our 2nd round pick but after the Ridley signing I actually think he’d be a perfect complement to Ridley and Hopkins. The big play #3 guy with potential to develop into Hopkins replacement.

Not used to having a surplus at WR. Lol would feel weird having a guy with his talents on the bench 🤣

But ultimately that's what we want. Waves of players to through at defenses. 

To be fair, I think even with a second round pick, I don't know that we're at a surplus for receiver.  Hopkins will be 32 at the season's start, Ridley is a WR2, and then we're banking on a rookie to step in and be a WR3 level right away just to be keeping up.

Now if Hopkins doesn't fall off, and Ridley is as good or better than he was last season, and we get anything from Burks/Phillips, then we are actually sitting pretty at the receiver position.  But it's at bare minimum a future need, and one injury or disappointing season away from being subpar again.

I still think the best way the draft could shake out is a tackle in the first and a WR in the second.  If a way better player is there, then you go that route, obviously, but I think that's still how we want it to shake out.

16 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I think a trade back makes sense if Alt, Odunze, and Nabers are all off the board.

I think Chargers take Alt.

Giants take Nabors or Odunze.

Actually. I just see it like this. 

1. Williams

2. Maye

3. Harrison Jr. 

4. Nabors

5. Alt

6. Odunze

I'd trade down and whoever wants Daniels or McCarthy come on up. 

I'm hoping that the Chargers trade down or take a WR.  They ought to want to.  Alt is not actually ideal for them, since he'd need to switch sides, and there are guys like Fuaga that are exactly what they're looking for and ready made for the right side, along with second round right tackles like Fisher, Jones, or Suimataia.  They need WRs as well, and will have their choice of WR after MHJ if they go that direction.