NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Would have rather drafted a RB than pay one but is what it is. 
Lloyd is a dynamic back. 

Yeah, that's a little peculiar.  I'm not a huge fan of Lloyd myself, but I had taken RB completely off of the draft radar.  You pay one RB 8 million and have another one that looks like he's gonna be great, I don't know why you'd spend the draft capital on someone like Lloyd that it would take to get him.

If we're talking like, one of our seventh rounders, that'd be different, but Lloyd is probably going very early on Day 3.

10 hours ago, 615finest said:

Well he did say he could play LT

It was Turron Davenport that said it. But he said a whole lot of people liked Lathum too.  Not to say the Titans don't like Alt.  But it could come in play with trade down talk if we feel we can get Lathum a pick or two later. 

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It was Turron Davenport that said it. But he said a whole lot of people liked Lathum too.  Not to say the Titans don't like Alt.  But it could come in play with trade down talk if we feel we can get Lathum a pick or two later. 

We should be able to get Latham like 10 picks later.

• Like 1

While I've settled that Alt will be the pick at 7. I'm not sure Chargers pass on Alt.  
And if they do, I'm really not 100% sold you have to take Alt to have a good line. 

We can't let the sins of the people before Ran/Callhan OL coach and HC determine what we think. 

Can we really ignore the possibility that we can get a starting caliber OT in the 2nd?  Someone that produces similar or better than Alt? 

On 3/25/2024 at 9:33 AM, twotonebluenation said:

Would really love a scenario where we come out of this draft with Bowers. I think it would be amazing for Levis to have him.

I just can't sign on with Bowers. As good as he may end up being, I don't think Callahan cares much about TEs. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

While I've settled that Alt will be the pick at 7. I'm not sure Chargers pass on Alt.  
And if they do, I'm really not 100% sold you have to take Alt to have a good line. 

We can't let the sins of the people before Ran/Callhan OL coach and HC determine what we think. 

Can we really ignore the possibility that we can get a starting caliber OT in the 2nd?  Someone that produces similar or better than Alt? 

They have a legit chance at Marvin Harrison Jr, and even if they don't, they lost their two top WRs this offseason. I know it's Jim Harbaugh, but still.

Also, I do believe there's a big gap between OT1 (say it's Alt, though it's Fashanu for me) and whoever we might end up with at 38, yes. I still don't want them to box themselves into drafting OT at 7th, whoever they choose I hope they are 100% confident is the best player on their board and not the biggest need.

As for Bowers, I think he's by far the best YAC threat in this class, but not a generational traditional TE prospect as people made him out to be. Yes, that's valuable, and if they value it accordingly and think he's worth a top 10 pick, then so be it. Put him into an offense that understand what he is and know how to scheme for him and he's going to be special, that's for sure. Otherwise, no, I wouldn't draft him over Odunze or Nabers, several pass rushers and OTs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

We can’t. There isn’t a tackle in this class that has a resume on par with Alt’s. The closest to his on the field resume is probably Fuaga. And we can’t get him in the second either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

We can’t. There isn’t a tackle in this class that has a resume on par with Alt’s. The closest to his on the field resume is probably Fuaga. And we can’t get him in the second either.

I guess what I'm saying. 
What if you can get a Taylor Decker later in the 1st opposed to getting Tunsil/Stanley (2016 Draft).
Or

Tristan Wirfs at 13 instead of Andrew Thomas at 4. 

Something just makes me feel the "must" of taking OT at 7 isn't there, with this class and an OL Coach with a nice development history.