2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

39 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I assume he's just a Pryor replacement. Likely makes the roster, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, especially if the team takes a tackle early. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I assume he's just a Pryor replacement. Likely makes the roster, but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't, especially if the team takes a tackle early. 

I assume he's just a warm body that we'll cut after the draft in favor of a lineman we've all of collectively ignored that we'll sign as an undrafted free agent as one of the final players on the 90-man roster - one who will be one of the first cut and we'll collectively forget exists by 2025.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Why would the 49ers be willing to deal Aiyuk to the Steelers for what I am sure will be draft picks?

Your time is now while our time is well...not now.

I doubt that we are, but time will tell. Both Deebo and Nick went through this process with a lot of weird speculation and they were resigned at the top of the market. Feel like a good chunk of it is agents drumming up attention. We did trade Buckner in a similar situation (and folks knew that we couldn't pay both Buckner and Armstead), but there wasn't a peep about that beforehand and most believed that we would prioritize Buckner given that he was less frequently injured and had been more productive. 

Long story short, anything is possible, but I think Aiyuk is one of the players they want most to stay around for the next phase of the team along with Purdy, Bosa, and Warner.

• Like 1

I've had to mute the term "Aiyuk" on Twitter, so I am begging everyone here to remember how the last offseasons have gone and maintain composure. He's not going anywhere. He's also not getting a contract in the first half of 2024, so...patience will be needed through some boring periods with a lack of football news. That means literally nothing. He'll be a 49er for a while. It will just also take a while to happen.

• Like 6

Brandon Aiyuk follows Jaguars players after his former teammate Arik Armstead signs with them - trade rumors to Jacksonville begin

Brandon Aiyuk jokes with Mike Tomlin - trade rumors to Pittsburgh begin

Gona be a LONG offseason

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Brandon Aiyuk follows Jaguars players after his former teammate Arik Armstead signs with them - trade rumors to Jacksonville begin

Brandon Aiyuk jokes with Mike Tomlin - trade rumors to Pittsburgh begin

Gona be a LONG offseason

My understanding is that he was already following Lawrence, Kirk and Gabe Dave.