2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Kawakami thinks it's Jeff ulbrich, but I don't know why the jets allow that to happen

This makes no sense at all but for Ulbrich to even be brought up here means there had to have been some sort of talks regarding him.

Why would the Jets let him do a lateral move and why would he leave the Jets anyways? 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This makes no sense at all but for Ulbrich to even be brought up here means there had to have been some sort of talks regarding him.

Why would the Jets let him do a lateral move and why would he leave the Jets anyways? 

Makes zero sense to me. Tim also mentioned Gus Bradley, but that's another guy who would have required permission? So that seems very odd. 

I get why Ulbrich would want to move, however I have no idea why the Jets would allow him to do so. Especially this late. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Makes zero sense to me. Tim also mentioned Gus Bradley, but that's another guy who would have required permission? So that seems very odd. 

I get why Ulbrich would want to move, however I have no idea why the Jets would allow him to do so. Especially this late. 

I mean I don't really know why Ulbrich would want to move since he already has a top 5 defense and if the Niners defense is not top 3, he will get criticized lol. 

I didn't even catch Bradley but yeah, that doesn't make much sense here.

The Niners job isn't as intriguing due to the pressure tbh. They will hire a young or first time coordinator if I had to guess....A guy like Staley would be intrigued since he will not be getting a HC job anytime soon and did not get any coordinator job that he interviewed for this offseason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean I don't really know why Ulbrich would want to move since he already has a top 5 defense and if the Niners defense is not top 3, he will get criticized lol. 

Well, that entire staff is very close to getting canned. If they have an underwhelming season, they are cooked...and then he could be in a worse position for options. Ulbrich is originally from San Jose. So there are a couple of reasons that I could understand why it's enticing for him, but other than that, I don't get it from the Jets perspective. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, that entire staff is very close to getting canned. If they have an underwhelming season, they are cooked...and then he could be in a worse position for options. Ulbrich is originally from San Jose. So there are a couple of reasons that I could understand why it's enticing for him, but other than that, I don't get it from the Jets perspective. 

I mean sure, but that's if the team fails again. But who is to say he would last more than a year here in SF? 

And yeah, makes no sense why the Jets would allow him to do this. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Sorenson or Bullocks it is? I can't imagine it's Holland

Holland would be strange for a guy that has been a coach for that long and never being a coordinator. But then again its more in line with Saleh and Ryans being a linebacker guy while Sorensen and Bullocks are both on the DB side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Maybe he can. We don't know because he's only played 6 inline snaps in 3 years.

But what makes you think he can? If he was a capable blocker, don't you think he would have been playing tight end over Woerner and Dwelley?

8 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

Well he's big enough and blocks well downfield. 

He's only 212 pounds. He would realistically need to add 25-30 pounds to hold up at tight end. And blocking CBs downfield does not translate to blocking defensive ends.

• Like 1

Been watching some edge rushers since there is a great chance that is the direction we go with our first round pick......Both Robinson's intrigue me. No clue if they are projected to drop that low but they have what this team is looking for opposite of Bosa. 

As for corners, I like what I see from Tampa and Wallace may be a late round corner we take. Kind of fits the bill.