2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

Exactly the two that were predicted due to the money a week or so ago. Also, there are reasonable draft replacements that can be more available in the case of Armstead or closer to their athletic peak in the case of Juice. Gonna need a couple of FAs to poke at other needs now, though 

19 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I'm getting very heavy spidey senses on Darius Robinson lol.

Told you to be all in on the Robinson boys!!!!

I'm more so interested in seeing what we do at the edge spot in free agency. I would like to bring Young back and think he will be in store for a huge season but he's likely to get more money elsewhere. Some good ones available though and teams know the edge spot in the draft isn't all that strong this year.

9 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Anyone like Greenard from the Texans? Isn't he a Free Agent now? 

Definitely, but he's going to get a big deal and I'm not sure it will be from us.

I guess we could have decided to move on from Armstead and instead chose to bet on Kinlaw's future prospects. That's one to watch in the next few days. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Told you to be all in on the Robinson boys!!!!

I'm more so interested in seeing what we do at the edge spot in free agency. I would like to bring Young back and think he will be in store for a huge season but he's likely to get more money elsewhere. Some good ones available though and teams know the edge spot in the draft isn't all that strong this year.

After what I saw from Chase this past season, I'm wondering if he isn't just Clowney part deaux; tons of talent, but maybe not all the effort. I'm definitely willing to bring him back on a fair deal, but I'm not ready to over-pay for him. 

He was not getting a ton of opportunities until Ferrell went down, but still, I expected more. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GW21 said:

After what I saw from Chase this past season, I'm wondering if he isn't just Clowney part deaux; tons of talent, but maybe not all the effort. I'm definitely willing to bring him back on a fair deal, but I'm not ready to over-pay for him. 

He was not getting a ton of opportunities until Ferrell went down, but still, I expected more. 

yes,I agree. I told a friend of mine, that chase screams clowney to me.

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He was graded as one of the worst safeties in the league the last two years.

Really hope this is a smokescreen and we're going after Curl behind the scenes.

I'd rather we go after Kam Kinchens in the draft. Curl is a worthy target, but I feel like he's going to cost a lot. 

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He was graded as one of the worst safeties in the league the last two years.

Really hope this is a smokescreen and we're going after Curl behind the scenes.

he's a special teams guy. Pretty sure he'd just be an Odum replacement. 

• Like 1