2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

24 minutes ago, N4L said:

Yeah, I said this in the other thread but he's a mediocre receiver and moderately unreliable as a PR. 

He tried to be a hero in the SB and it cost us the game. 

I was going to be furious if he was re-signed. 

Also, while we are here, Spencer Burford needs to be cut. Too many mental mistakes. Enough is enough. 

I mean he could have fallen on the ball, but I never get irked too much in that circumstance, because it's a snap judgment decision, and the ball could have easily squirted out from under him. Don't see him as a bad guy on that play. The ball hit another dude initially. Other than that, he never had a screw up in that circumstance I think.

Guess Ronnie Bell will be returning punts next year. No fumbles is all I ask.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I mean he could have fallen on the ball, but I never get irked too much in that circumstance, because it's a snap judgment decision, and the ball could have easily squirted out from under him. Don't see him as a bad guy on that play. The ball hit another dude initially. Other than that, he never had a screw up in that circumstance I think.

Guess Ronnie Bell will be returning punts next year. No fumbles is all I ask.

Yea I don't get the hate either. Ray Ray made a play on the ball, he did as good as anyone could have in that situation.

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I don't really get this and don't agree with the team continuing to restructure contracts of players that are over 30 years old or are starting to decline. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't really get this and don't agree with the team continuing to restructure contracts of players that are over 30 years old or are starting to decline. 

Agreed! 

I did however see a tweet that mentioned we could post June 1 cut him next year and save about $20mil and only have a $7mil dead cap. 

So restructured Kittle/Hargrave, re-signed Feliciano, Conley & DFF

Like these re-signings for depth

I guess we still target a LB, S & KR/PR in FA. Rest of the needs should be targeted in the draft 

Edited by 49ersfan

Looking at next offseason....Lenoir, Hufanga, Aiyuk, Mooney Banks, Jennings, Greenlaw, Thomas, Mitchell & Collins are all FA's next year. Who would you re-sign & who would you let go? 

I re-sign Aiyuk, Lenoir & Hufanga this offseason. Let Mooney, Banks, Jennings, Greenlaw, Thomas, Mitchell & Collins walk 

Mooney & Greenlaw are studs but they have been banged up a lot.  

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Looking at next offseason....Lenoir, Hufanga, Aiyuk, Mooney Banks, Jennings, Greenlaw, Thomas, Mitchell & Collins are all FA's next year. Who would you re-sign & who would you let go? 

I re-sign Aiyuk, Lenoir & Hufanga this offseason. Let Mooney, Banks, Jennings, Greenlaw, Thomas, Mitchell & Collins walk 

Mooney & Greenlaw are studs but they have been banged up a lot.  

Sucks for Greenlaw but we might be able to get him at a discount due to the injury. It's early in the morning so my brain might not be fully working but who is Collins again? I don't recall us having a player with that name

EDIT: Oh right Maliek

Edited by jonnguy2015

I really wonder what’s going on with Mooney’s extension (if any). Does anyone think he could be used as a trade asset and we try to get a younger corner to replace - Surtain maybe. I have to imagine DMO is getting extended next offseason.