2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

Did he say what he expected us to do?

I see the bit about "overpaying" for YGM, but it reminds me a lot of the Ebukam signing. Similar builds, long, stout. Good motors. Young. Great player for KK to help expand their game. That signing worked out just fine. 

"not addressing WR" is weird because WRs are moderately overpaid and we already have 3 viable WRs. WR is definitely a need, but it is a deep WR class so being upset that we didnt address it in FA is kind of odd.

I think the FO has done good work so far. Need to nail this draft and we will be in a great spot to remain kings of the NFC. 

Not really. Like, at first he was talking about "they just kept spending at edge" and then he mentioned how he knew it was our thing....but it's legitimately just a situation where we were replacing people we had lost? Like, yeah, they acquired 3 defensive line players.....they lost 4 lol (Young, Gregory, Farrell, AA). 

And then he just went on the tangent about how he thinks one of the receivers being gone by the end of the first day of the draft and how if he was going trade Deebo and sign Aiyuk to a massive deal, he wasn't going to chase an EDGE 4 while trying to help Purdy out with elite receivers. 

Again, very weird diatribe 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

Okay, so I asked him and he admitted he just didn't like the value of the edge deals we gave out LOL 

I mean, that's fair. lol. But we were going to have to rebuild the room somehow. Even if you have a fairytale level of belief in Jackson and Beal. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Okay, so I asked him and he admitted he just didn't like the value of the edge deals we gave out LOL 

I mean he had Floyd projected at 1 year 6M so I see why he does not like either deal. Even then, kind of harsh to say the team does not know what it is doing when they have gone the cheaper route on almost all their signings compared to who left. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I wish someone would ask him the same question about Deebo lol. 

But coming out and just shutting down that idea is a very un-Lynch thing to me, so this makes me feel really, really good that they aren't going to move him. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wish someone would ask him the same question about Deebo lol. 

But coming out and just shutting down that idea is a very un-Lynch thing to me, so this makes me feel really, really good that they aren't going to move him. 

With Lynch bringing up Aiyuk playing on his 5th year, when do you think he shows up for the 2024 season?

I'm guessing he misses all of training camp and shows up just before week 1.