2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Listening to extra point taken and Ben Solak is concerned about bad vibes from the niners. Interesting segment. He thinks they've flubbed it up by not signing Aiyuk and believes his price point increased by like 4 million a year during the draft weekend because of the contracts to ARSB and Brown. He's concerned about the reports that the niners were "trying to trade" the receivers and then just having those guys come back in to training camp. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Listening to extra point taken and Ben Solak is concerned about bad vibes from the niners. Interesting segment. He thinks they've flubbed it up by not signing Aiyuk and believes his price point increased by like 4 million a year during the draft weekend because of the contracts to ARSB and Brown. He's concerned about the reports that the niners were "trying to trade" the receivers and then just having those guys come back in to training camp. 

Certainly possible. Fans would be fools to not think this could play out bad in the locker room, especially if things are going south.

But this locker room has been rock solid with this regime and the team is stacked with SB aspirations. I think they should be fine. If Kyle was not well respected by the players, then I would worry a bit more. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Certainly possible. Fans would be fools to not think this could play out bad in the locker room, especially if things are going south.

But this locker room has been rock solid with this regime and the team is stacked with SB aspirations. I think they should be fine. If Kyle was not well respected by the players, then I would worry a bit more. 

That's the thing, the players seem to love Kyle, John, and the staff so much.  I think the players view the "business/Paraag" side separately from the Coaching/playing side...as they should really.  We already went through this with Deebo and Bosa - these guys know the deal. 

It would be like a Warriors player holding it against Kerr for a contract dispute with Joe Lacob lol.  I don't think it will be a huge deal, but I'm an optimist with this regime. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think having Aiyuk's agent shoot down multiple reports also illustrates that players themselves are very likely aware that a lot of the noise is made up nonsense. "Trying to trade" and "willing to listen to any offers" are also two different things I would hope our players would recognize and know the difference. Because I don't imagine we shoot down many, if any, trade conversations. We just enter knowing the amount needed to be willing to move certain players is very unlikely to ever be met.

• Like 3

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

I think having Aiyuk's agent shoot down multiple reports also illustrates that players themselves are very likely aware that a lot of the noise is made up nonsense. "Trying to trade" and "willing to listen to any offers" are also two different things I would hope our players would recognize and know the difference. Because I don't imagine we shoot down many, if any, trade conversations. We just enter knowing the amount needed to be willing to move certain players is very unlikely to ever be met.

I thought this same thing while listening tbh. I have no idea what was really going on, of course, but there's a good chance the niners weren't hungry to trade either and certainly not to the extent that it was portrayed by reports

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they've had conversations about trading us for members of other fan bases.  I heard a deal was floated for Darth Raider, but was ultimately shot down because it didn't rhyme.

• Like 3

I was re-watching some games from the past few years and I legit can't believe that we went to a super bowl with Jimmy G. 

That's way more impressive than Reid winning 3 with Mahomes lol 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I was re-watching some games from the past few years and I legit can't believe that we went to a super bowl with Jimmy G. 

Which QB do you think would be more likely to take your team to a Superbowl? JimmyG or Alex Smith?

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

That first half of 2019 defense (and the postseason performance of the 2021 defense, and the late season work of the 2022 defense) were nuts. Jimmy (and a couple of games of Brock) got so many good starting field positions due to turnovers or 3 and outs. 

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Man, I struggle to get the Chiefs data. They have yet to have a team that has yet to have a +150 point differential with Mahomes (arbitrary cutoff, but one that has tended to separate championship caliber teams). We’ve had three in that time. They aren’t EPA / play darlings, either. Common discourse would suggest “Patrick Mahomes go brrr…” but the real upgrade to their postseason performances has often been the defenses. And they seem to hit just the right shades of luck. Everything my eyes say is that they are always the favorite and everything about every underlying metric suggests that more that they’ve been a very good team that has also been outrageously fortunate. Maybe it’s coaching or players, maybe it’s just a hot streak for a great team - we’ve seen the Pats look impossible to stop in the postseason, then eminently stoppable for a decade, then impossible to stop for five years again.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Man, I struggle to get the Chiefs data. They have yet to have a team that has yet to have a +150 point differential with Mahomes (arbitrary cutoff, but one that has tended to separate championship caliber teams). We’ve had three in that time. They aren’t EPA / play darlings, either. Common discourse would suggest “Patrick Mahomes go brrr…” but the real upgrade to their postseason performances has often been the defenses. And they seem to hit just the right shades of luck. Everything my eyes say is that they are always the favorite and everything about every underlying metric suggests that more that they’ve been a very good team that has also been outrageously fortunate. Maybe it’s coaching or players, maybe it’s just a hot streak for a great team - we’ve seen the Pats look impossible to stop in the postseason, then eminently stoppable for a decade, then impossible to stop for five years again.

Mahomes is like Jordan.  Even if he's having a subpar game or not producing...when the game is really close at the end, you can just feel his presence and competitiveness grow and he starts to put all this pressure on everyone on the opposition.  Everyone starts to get tight except for him.  You know he's going to make that 3rd and 15 play when they need it, and when he does it you can't get demoralized or it's over.  Your best bet with that guy is to jump out to a big early lead and hold on for dear life.  Or pressure him to death so that his teammates and oline start  to give up.  

• Like 1