2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

If the 49ers and Aiyuk cannot come to an agreement, he is still under contract this year, have him play the year out.  Next offseason slap the first round tender or franchise tag on him.  I would rather have him then Deebo going forward and maybe they can work it out next offseason.

For the 2024 season Aiyuk is worth more to the team than a draft pick, he is a proven commodity on a rookie contract on a contending team.  Unless there is an offer that is to good to pass up (High first this year or second + FRP next year) keep him on the team and maximize the potential for 2024.  Aiyuk as an asset (as a player or draft compensation) will not diminish within the next year.

Yes there will be media noise but that should not be an issue, just keep the team priorities in line and maximize the roster for 2024.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, burlow said:

If the 49ers and Aiyuk cannot come to an agreement, he is still under contract this year, have him play the year out.  Next offseason slap the first round tender or franchise tag on him.  I would rather have him then Deebo going forward and maybe they can work it out next offseason.

For the 2024 season Aiyuk is worth more to the team than a draft pick, he is a proven commodity on a rookie contract on a contending team.  Unless there is an offer that is to good to pass up (High first this year or second + FRP next year) keep him on the team and maximize the potential for 2024.  Aiyuk as an asset (as a player or draft compensation) will not diminish within the next year.

Yes there will be media noise but that should not be an issue, just keep the team priorities in line and maximize the roster for 2024.

This is 100% how I feel. We have control over him for the next two years with an average cost of 14.1 mill then 23ish mill. 

And if we cant come to an agreement, then he walks and we get a third. And we have two years to figure it out in the meantime, bc like you said this year he is worth more than a draft pick. WR is a hard position for rookies to come in and make an impact usually

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dear Lord the Internet was a bad idea

Today more than ever we must choose paths that keep our minds clear from garbage. 

When I read something so wrong it makes my brain hurt, I just imagine that person is a robot, AI program, or just saying stuff that is intentionally wrong. 

Regardless of which, there are waves in the ocean to surf, weights at the gym to lift, pull up bars in the park, weird Tweener college players' film, 22 man 9er film, books, and decent shows out there.  I try not to waste my time with silly season.  It is getting more challenging by the day.

Anyhow, I want to thank the participants of this board for not being sensationalists or blatantly stupid.  I appreciate it. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Today more than ever we must choose paths that keep our minds clear from garbage. 

When I read something so wrong it makes my brain hurt, I just imagine that person is a robot, AI program, or just saying stuff that is intentionally wrong. 

Regardless of which, there are waves in the ocean to surf, weights at the gym to lift, pull up bars in the park, weird Tweener college players' film, 22 man 9er film, books, and decent shows out there.  I try not to waste my time with silly season.  It is getting more challenging by the day.

Anyhow, I want to thank the participants of this board for not being sensationalists or blatantly stupid.  I appreciate it. 

this is exactly why I joined this forum.  I had to get away from a pretty toxic fan environment..both from the fans and the media, and "content creators" lol.  I'm convinced that the last superbowl loss left many people psychologically damaged - the negativity and clickbait out there was/is insane.  I'll admit I had trouble sleeping the night after as well, but that's life..ups and downs.  

Personally, losing to Mahomes was kind of what I expected. The team just didn't feel right to me in the playoffs. The Harbaugh losses hurt more for some reason (those rosters were so stacked everywhere...and losing to old Flacco?? ugh), but everyone has a different experience.  

• Like 3

Kyle and Lynch both praised McKivitz in the presser, said they are comfortable with Moore as the swing tackle. Fml

Kyle really wanted a TE at some point but it never worked out 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

Kyle and Lynch both praised McKivitz in the presser, said they are comfortable with Moore as the swing tackle. Fml

I will say, Moore held up much better last year. He can't run block worth a damn, but the pass pro was much better last year than it was the year before. The year before he couldn't even handle Houston in the preseason. 

Team would be better with a new tackle and mckivitz as a swing tackle, but it is what it is

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, adamq said:

Jaheim Bell 🥲