2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

37 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I agree with everyone’s statement about everything being a rumor at this time until it happens or doesn’t.

I don’t want to continue to say the same thing over and over, but you can’t get rid of your only true receiver and expect to be relevant with a “possible” rookie replacement. Deebo is more than likely gone next year, they didn’t adjust his salary hit this year. Don’t care if he’s awesome, he’s getting older and has injuries every year. 

For me it comes down to this:  I'd take Fautanu + McConkey over Aiyuk.  Can they get a pick for Aiyuk that gets them Fautanu? 99% no, so it's not worth thinking about.  

• Like 1

I wish I could just write off the mike silver report, but he has been right too many times. Are we really going to lose aiyuk over 2-3m per year in 2025-2027 cap space?? This is where we draw the line? Really? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, N4L said:

I wish I could just write off the mike silver report, but he has been right too many times. Are we really going to lose aiyuk over 2-3m per year in 2025-2027 cap space?? This is where we draw the line? Really? 

I'm not sure if his report is saying anything new. Aside from the GM saying the 49ers will eventually accept a second-round pick plus a 2025 third-round pick, it's just hearsay in my opinion. The 49ers should explore every avenue to maximize potential trade options in case something comes up. I do not believe the 49ers will move off their request for a first-round pick for Aiyuk. Until Aiyuk is actually traded I don't think it happens. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm not sure if his report is saying anything new. Aside from the GM saying the 49ers will eventually accept a second-round pick plus a 2025 third-round pick, it's just hearsay in my opinion. The 49ers should explore every avenue to maximize potential trade options in case something comes up. I do not believe the 49ers will move off their request for a first-round pick for Aiyuk. Until Aiyuk is actually traded I don't think it happens. 

I was specifically referring to this part: 

Sources around the league believe he is seeking a contract with an annual average of well over $25 million and that the 49ers have been reticent to meet that price

How much more could he really be asking for? Everyone expects Jefferson and Chase to get 30m, but it hasnt happened yet. Thats why I said 2-3m. If he is asking for 27, is that really enough to warrant trading him? 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

I was specifically referring to this part: 

How much more could he really be asking for? Everyone expects Jefferson and Chase to get 30m, but it hasnt happened yet. Thats why I said 2-3m. If he is asking for 27, is that really enough to warrant trading him? 

I'm not sure if the AAV really ultimately matters compared to the total guarantees. The 49ers can always do what the Dolphins did with Tyreek Hill: deal with a ton of funny money on the last year of the deal to bring the AAV up.

• Like 1

Would you be fine with a 31 to 15 pick swap plus a 3rd for Aiyuk? That puts the value around a 2nd and 3rd for Aiyuk which seems pretty fair at this point? 

I would not do it but if we are, it at least gives us a great opportunity to pick up one of the best OL in the draft. 

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would you be fine with a 31 to 15 pick swap plus a 3rd for Aiyuk? That puts the value around a 2nd and 3rd for Aiyuk which seems pretty fair at this point? 

I would not do it but if we are, it at least gives us a great opportunity to pick up one of the best OL in the draft. 

Wasn’t even aware the Colts were one of the rumored teams, but I still can’t get behind it. 

Granted I think the trade would happen on draft day with that specific team on the clock. I can’t see us getting rid of Aiyuk without knowing who the pick/player would be. 

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think we should be sending our first back with Aiyuk personally. I'd do Aiyuk for 15 straight up. The Colts gave up 13 for Buckner. I feel like that was fair for both sides, even though we blew our pick. 

I think the Colts is an interesting destination though. Didn't they just pay Pittman? 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No. I mean, the market is the market, but at that point I Think i'd just hold and try to make it work. 

Would be funny to refuse 10 for Deebo + 61 and then turn around and trade Aiyuk for basically a 15 selectio pick swap in the first and a third 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

No. I mean, the market is the market, but at that point I Think i'd just hold and try to make it work. 

Would be funny to refuse 10 for Deebo + 61 and then turn around and trade Aiyuk for basically a 15 selectio pick swap in the first and a third 

Yeah, I don't want to trade the one weapon we have that is ascending and should be very good for at least 4-5 years. Can't say that about any other weapon on the team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not sure what the exact details of that deal are, but I think Aiyuk is gone based on that initial figure. 

I was just about to say this. I think chances of him being traded tomorrow just went up I think its 50/50 now. 

• Like 1