2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

So the niners gave permission to Aiyuk to talk to other teams? Or did I hear that wrong? Saw it was something Florio said, but I couldn't find a direct source 

I think it was Maiocco that asked that and John just basically said he wasn't answering it. 

Florio is an absolute joke in my experience. I saw what you were talking about then saw who wrote it and basically ignored it.

I thought he said something about it benefitting us if he goes out and doesn't get contract offers from other teams that are much different from ours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I thought he said something about it benefitting us if he goes out and doesn't get contract offers from other teams that are much different from ours

This is what the ravens did with lamar. Let him test the market and come back. 

It really should be a cut and dry deal. 4 years added on at 25-28m per season, with 2-3 years of those additional 4 years fully guaranteed. This isnt warner, trent, or bosa looking to reset the market. The market has already been set at WR. We know what it is. (additionally, Deebo was unique because Deebo himself is unique).

I feel like a possible trade is definitely picking up steam. 

The problem is that I'm not sure if that is because of legitimate trade talk, or just because the draft is rapidly approaching and it's a major inflection point which would naturally force the talk to crescendo 

Silver says that teams around the league eventually believe the niners may take a second round pick for him. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like a possible trade is definitely picking up steam. 

The problem is that I'm not sure if that is because of legitimate trade talk, or just because the draft is rapidly approaching and it's a major inflection point which would naturally force the talk to crescendo 

Silver says that teams around the league eventually believe the niners may take a second round pick for him. 

Based on what I’m hearing from knowledgeable sources inside the building, and from high-ranking personnel executives and coaches around the league, don’t rule out a deal that would send Brock Purdy’s favorite target to another team.

However, another team’s GM said he believes the 49ers might ultimately accept a second-round selection. Such a deal might become more enticing to Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan if that pick were near the start of the second round and packaged with another selection — say, a 2025 third-rounder.

Would the 49ers preemptively trade Samuel or Kittle this week? Don’t expect it to happen. Samuel, who signed a three-year, $71.55 million extension before the 2022 season, has been assured by his bosses that he will not be dealt during or after the draft, according to a source familiar with the conversations.

Sources around the league believe he is seeking a contract with an annual average of well over $25 million and that the 49ers have been reticent to meet that price.

For now, the 49ers are still working through their various options. I’m told they have pondered trading up in the first round, trading out of it entirely or standing pat. If they remain at 31, finding a player who could instantly upgrade their secondary or provide competition at right tackle would be the priority, though that could change if someone at another position was believed to be the best player available.

• Like 2

But.. but.. 

In Lynch's presser I got a sense they would get a deal done. I do hope they let BA talk to NE.. and then just match their contract offer plus a dollar

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adamq said:

But.. but.. 

In Lynch's presser I got a sense they would get a deal done. I do hope they let BA talk to NE.. and then just match their contract offer plus a dollar

He may not want to leave SF, but I imagine that he wants to get paid what he wants more so than wants to stay in SF. 

It's a gamble to let him talk to other teams because if a team like New England is willing to give him 27 million a year, and the 49ers are reticent to give him that kind of money, that's where the impasse is going to come in. I don't know if another team being willing to give him that money changes the 49ers mind or not about paying it to him. Have to wait and see on there. 

Obviously if he's not gone by Friday, he's not going anywhere this year 

• Like 2

FWIW, if a deal were to get done with NE for their second / third, that would fit in somewhere between picks 21-23 depending on the trade value chart...so I don't want to dismiss it out of hand as not being enough value coming back. 

Doesn't really work for many other teams for me though. Like, if he's going to Pitt, that better include pick 20. 

Carolina, New England....teams at the very top of round 2, I can make that work 

• Like 1

Anything’s possible.

As the San Francisco 49ers prepare for a pivotal draft that dovetails with the final stages of their perceived championship window — and attempt to navigate a contract staredown with second-team All-Pro wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk — there are many scenarios in play, and some of them are reasonably juicy.

Based on what I’m hearing from knowledgeable sources inside the building, and from high-ranking personnel executives and coaches around the league, don’t rule out a deal that would send Brock Purdy’s favorite target to another team.

Could Aiyuk, 26, be traded before or after a potential replacement is drafted? We may not have clarity until the 49ers are on the clock in the first round Thursday night, or even the following day. During Monday’s pre-draft news conference at Levi’s Stadium, general manager John Lynch said he “wouldn’t anticipate” such a move, but he was hardly unequivocal.

All I know is that as of Monday night, when I posed the question to a 49ers source with direct knowledge of the team’s plans, the words I kept hearing were “anything’s possible.”

Earlier, I spoke to another team’s general manager who insisted that, because the 49ers and Aiyuk are far apart on negotiations for a lucrative contract extension, the fifth-year receiver is “very much in play.”

During the first week of April, the 49ers — through a back-channel confidant — reached out to at least one GM to gauge his interest in trading for Aiyuk. The GM in question chose not to engage, partly because this is considered a receiver-rich draft.

There is a sense among other high-ranking personnel executives around the league that Aiyuk, as one such executive put it, “is available for the right price.” To this point, the 49ers have asked for a 2024 first-round pick. “They want too much,” said the executive, whose team is in the market for a receiver.

However, the 49ers may decide that such a scenario would be detrimental to team chemistry and choose to spare themselves the drama. It will likely come down to what they get offered for Aiyuk over the next few days, and whom they might be able to draft as a replacement.

For now, the 49ers are still working through their various options. I’m told they have pondered trading up in the first round, trading out of it entirely or standing pat. If they remain at No. 31, finding a player who could instantly upgrade their secondary or provide competition at right tackle would be the priority, though that could change if someone at another position was believed to be the best player available.

In other words: Anything’s possible.

-Mike Silver

• Like 1

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Anything’s possible.

As the San Francisco 49ers prepare for a pivotal draft that dovetails with the final stages of their perceived championship window — and attempt to navigate a contract staredown with second-team All-Pro wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk — there are many scenarios in play, and some of them are reasonably juicy.

Could Aiyuk, 26, be traded before or after a potential replacement is drafted? We may not have clarity until the 49ers are on the clock in the first round Thursday night, or even the following day. During Monday’s pre-draft news conference at Levi’s Stadium, general manager John Lynch said he “wouldn’t anticipate” such a move, but he was hardly unequivocal.

All I know is that as of Monday night, when I posed the question to a 49ers source with direct knowledge of the team’s plans, the words I kept hearing were “anything’s possible.”

Earlier, I spoke to another team’s general manager who insisted that, because the 49ers and Aiyuk are far apart on negotiations for a lucrative contract extension, the fifth-year receiver is “very much in play.”

During the first week of April, the 49ers — through a back-channel confidant — reached out to at least one GM to gauge his interest in trading for Aiyuk. The GM in question chose not to engage, partly because this is considered a receiver-rich draft.

There is a sense among other high-ranking personnel executives around the league that Aiyuk, as one such executive put it, “is available for the right price.” To this point, the 49ers have asked for a 2024 first-round pick. “They want too much,” said the executive, whose team is in the market for a receiver.

However, the 49ers may decide that such a scenario would be detrimental to team chemistry and choose to spare themselves the drama. It will likely come down to what they get offered for Aiyuk over the next few days, and whom they might be able to draft as a replacement.

For now, the 49ers are still working through their various options. I’m told they have pondered trading up in the first round, trading out of it entirely or standing pat. If they remain at No. 31, finding a player who could instantly upgrade their secondary or provide competition at right tackle would be the priority, though that could change if someone at another position was believed to be the best player available.

In other words: Anything’s possible.

-Mike Silver

However, another team’s GM said he believes the 49ers might ultimately accept a second-round selection. Such a deal might become more enticing to Lynch and head coach Kyle Shanahan if that pick were near the start of the second round and packaged with another selection — say, a 2025 third-rounder.

2 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I ignore all things said the week before the draft from all sources, besides you guys.  I will continue to do that.  

yup, that's where i'm at.  It's all rumorville before the draft. Agents are involved, lots of hype, journalists (scumbag) want to be first with their hot take.  Political theatre. 

I agree with everyone’s statement about everything being a rumor at this time until it happens or doesn’t.

I don’t want to continue to say the same thing over and over, but you can’t get rid of your only true receiver and expect to be relevant with a “possible” rookie replacement. Deebo is more than likely gone next year, they didn’t adjust his salary hit this year. Don’t care if he’s awesome, he’s getting older and has injuries every year. 

• Like 1