2024 Offseason: The Combine

swede700

5 hours ago, viking said:

Latu EDGE1

He's got the pass rush moves

He's got the size

He's smoother than Jazz

depends on medicals I've heard he is one injury away from his carrer being over?  Something to do with his neck.

10 hours ago, Taylor0026 said:

depends on medicals I've heard he is one injury away from his carrer being over?  Something to do with his neck.

He's already retired once before, when he was at U-Dub.  It wasn't until doctors at UCLA cleared him that he was able to return. 

I’ve seen multiple people who like to break down film call McKinstry a perfect fit for Flores’ defense. 

If he’s there at 42, and the Vikings still have the pick, I could see him being high on their board. 

• Like 1

If Atlanta trades for Fields, or signs Cousins in free agency, I think the Vikings would have a clear path to trade up for one of the top 4 QBs. Maybe even one of the top 3. 

With all of the talk surrounding Marvin Harrison Jr. and Malik Nabers as possibly the best two players in the draft, one, if not two, of the top QBs will be available at 5. And there’s been a lot of chatter coming out of the combine that the Chargers pick is for sale. 

If that’s true, and Atlanta picks up a QB before the draft, the Chargers would be an ideal trade partner with the Vikings, and possibly an unwilling trade partner with the Broncos or the Raiders. Especially involving a QB. 

Possible scenario;

1. Chicago - Caleb Williams
2. Washington - Jayden Daniels/Drake Maye
3. New England - Drake Maye/Jayden Daniels or Marvin Harrison Jr.
4. Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr. or Malik Nabers
5. Minnesota - Drake Maye or JJ McCarthy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The winds certainly seem to be shifting to Kirk not coming back. 

i agree. 

i respect how the Viking execs appear to be handling this situation. they presumably have or will give Kirk and his agent a ceiling price they are willing to pay and for how long, and if Kirk so chooses to move on they will accept it with their thanks.

we will have done everything we were able to so to keep him, and the choice to change his career rests with him.

• Like 1

JJ McCarthy, on meeting with the Vikings: "It went amazing. Coach O'Connell led the whole thing, and just being able to see him in person, he was a lot taller than I thought. And coach McCown, just everything about what they were talking about, everything about what they wanted out of a quarterback, it's something that aligns with what I want. Just being able to get on the board with them, have them go through their plays, it was something really special and I enjoyed it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/jj-mccarthy-michael-penix-jr-speak-highly-vikings-interviews

@BowserBroncos, read it and weep, son....

1 hour ago, BWG VIKE said:

I have a feeling none of Calebs Williams teammates go to his birthday parties, the Bo Callahan effect.

He gives off a weird vibe. Almost like he's already the next best thing. 

Not that there is anything wrong with being confident in yourself. He's clearly confident, but it goes beyond that, almost towards arrogance.

...not that any of us can say that for sure since we don't personally know him. I'm saying this based off what I've seen from him. That reporter piece with him and Rice was cringe.