Predict the Patriots' future post-Tom Brady

Apparition

12 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

Why the condescension? His son already has a huge hand in running operations, and I'm pretty sure seeing first hand how his father ran things, and how successful that was, he is going to do his best to imitate it.

Will he make mistakes? Of course....Do I think he has a very good base of knowledge to work with? Of course.

It's not condescension towards you. It's joking around,fun time sports talk.

What ever happens in football world won't  matter in our lives. Don't  take anything personal unless you see a direct reference  to you. 

9 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Not this version of the Browns...those Browns that made it to the AFCC are the Ravens.  

the post move/new Browns have nothing to do with it. Youre over thinking a non factor , bro. 

But I will also add that philosophically,spiritually, numerically. .the first Ravens championship  was the Browns lol  ...still wish they had their first year helmets...

I still have a money clip with the old Ravens helmet

Considering the Ravens' GM has been with the organization for nearly 40 years now, it's not a non-factor...in fact, it's more of a factor than you believe. 

I did like that logo as well...and the Jaguars original logo...and of course, to be closer to the topic...the Patriots need to go back to Pat.  

23 minutes ago, everlong said:

None of y'all think Belichick has a plan for the organization after he and Brady retire?

Lol if he kept being successful, you'd have to admit the league just sucks and there's  no point in watching anymore.

Plan for the organization after he/Belichick retires? He wouldn't  care. He's leaving.

You typed ,Y'all,.Where you from? :) I'm west coast. I've never typed  y'all

2 minutes ago, disaacs said:

Considering the Ravens' GM has been with the organization for nearly 40 years now, it's not a non-factor...in fact, it's more of a factor than you believe. 

I did like that logo as well...and the Jaguars original logo...and of course, to be closer to the topic...the Patriots need to go back to Pat.  

Hell no. Pat the Patriot is the symbol of failure; we didn't start winning until Flying Elvis.

19 minutes ago, biletnikoff said:

the post move/new Browns have nothing to do with it. Youre over thinking a non factor , bro. 

But I will also add that philosophically,spiritually, numerically. .the first Ravens championship  was the Browns lol  ...still wish they had their first year helmets...

I still have a money clip with the old Ravens helmet

It really does because the Browns were a competitive franchise for much of their existence and that continued into them transitioning to the Ravens. They didn't win a Super Bowl until they became the Ravens, but they were competing and later on that lineage did go on to win two Super Bowls. The Patriots aren't a freakin glorified expansion team. 

Without Brady, the there will be a definite drop off, but I don't think it will be as significant as people like to think.  They have some areas that will need to be addressed, namely the defense.  I think the offensive line has become very average over the last few years, as well.  If they clean up those areas, I don't see why a decent quarterback can't step in and at least keep them in the playoff hunt year in and year out...  Overall, I think the nucleus of the team is good enough to where it won't be a total collapse when Brady hangs it up.

Then when you look at the competition, the Jets and Bills have problems of their own.  If Tannehill returns to form, the Dolphins could become more of a rival to the Pats, but I certainly don't see the Fins becoming the bully on the block... 

For the most part, the Patriots fortunes will probably have to do more with Belichick's future 'post Tom Brady'.  If Belichick decides to retire, I can definitely see some idiot coach with a chip on his shoulder, totally destroying this team..

7 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

BB has a select group of coaches that he really likes. The Shanahans are included, so are Meyer and Saban. Wouldn't surprise me if he left the franchise in the hands of one of his "guys".

He may want to inflate his legacy by letting the pats flop and become terrible after he's gone.

This question is truly "post-Belichick" instead of "post-Brady". Not to diminish how good Brady is, just that an elite coach, especially one as elite as BB, makes everything much easier. A QB does too, but as long as BB is there I think they'll have success. When he leaves, they'll be just an ordinary franchise again. Have some good years, have some bad years, have some competitive years, just won't be this epic run of dominance. 

Unless of course they find another elite QB and coach combo... 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

....lol.

What do you mean? BB looks like a better coach 30 years from now if the Patriots never win a SB again after he leaves. This is a fact. Are you saying he cares more about the patriots than he does about his own legacy? Most big coaches leave teams and don't seem to still care about the franchises anymore.

Just now, TXsteeler said:

What do you mean? BB looks like a better coach 30 years from now if the Patriots never win a SB again after he leaves. This is a fact. Are you saying he cares more about the patriots than he does about his own legacy? Most big coaches leave teams and don't seem to still care about the franchises anymore.

What do I mean. Hmmm....

1. He shows no signs of that sort of thing. He subs Brady off when the game is well beyond reach, for the likes of Hoyer. He experiments with his running game when we've already secured HFA (sometimes even when he haven't - see the loss in Miami in 2015). So, yes, he cares more about the Patriots than his legacy here.

2. I'm not even sure he'd be the one to sign the next coach, would he. It's up to Mr Kraft to have final say

3. His legacy is already cemented, no matter what.

It's a stupid thought.

Archived