***SPOILERS*** Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi SPOILER Thread

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Like actually remmeber? And yea as intended. If it was intended for Ren that would be fine. But it wasn't now we are at "one more movie" type dilemma. 

I think I have brought up every part of every movie in this thread. Supporting my argument with details from many different sources. That's not picking and choosing. Especially when I have responded to every argument without sidestepping or beating around the bush but directly responded to what was said. And Snoke had a moment of hubris, which in part pissed alot of people off, someone that strong making such a simple mistake because he believed he had already won. As agreed by everyone his demise was more his fault then Ren's cunning. Hux before this movie had no way of competing with Ren. He didn't do anything special there except assume an acting role as the SL. And again him taking control of the First Order is not the same as becoming a stronger dark side user. By that rational Hux should be a sith of sorts as well right with force powers and everything. 

Lmao you should go watch that again. It's obvious you dont remember that scene. Go youtube it then get back to me.

I'd like to know who "everyone" is in the bolded, because everyone I know think it's obvious Ren manipulated Snoke. But I guess it's just easier for your case to say "No, the powerful Supreme Leader Snoke just had a brainfart".

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'd like to know who "everyone" is in the bolded, because everyone I know think it's obvious Ren manipulated Snoke. But I guess it's just easier for your case to say "No, the powerful Supreme Leader Snoke just had a brainfart".

Suuuuuure just go back through each page.

4 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I don't know that I buy Ren manipulating Snoke. Maybe breaking free of Snoke's grasp/control. Otherwise I just think Snoke got cocky. There isn't much to suggest Ren influenced him. If he did, the film didn't really portray it IMO. 

I agree with this. Snoke got cocky of his hold over Ren just like Sidious got cocky and like Plagueis got cocky with, who is implied heavily to be, Sidious. 

16 minutes ago, sunnygsm said:

I don't know that I buy Ren manipulating Snoke. Maybe breaking free of Snoke's grasp/control. Otherwise I just think Snoke got cocky. There isn't much to suggest Ren influenced him. If he did, the film didn't really portray it IMO. 

I can see where he got that from. Because Snoke reading his mind assumed Ren was thinking about Rey. Ren his just enough of his intentions to make that play. 

You saw the moment he decided to betray Snoke when Snoke bragged about linking their minds together. That was his best chance to strike b2cause Snoke was distracted for a moment thinking he had caught both Rey and Luke. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I can see where he got that from. Because Snoke reading his mind assumed Ren was thinking about Rey. Ren his just enough of his intentions to make that play. 

You saw the moment he decided to betray Snoke when Snoke bragged about linking their minds together. That was his best chance to strike b2cause Snoke was distracted for a moment thinking he had caught both Rey and Luke. 

Yeah I suppose. I was associating manipulation with a more active/direct form. 

Saw it again yesterday, left with the same opinion.  Its an enjoyable movie on its own but a terrible sequel to the Force Awakens.  Because of the way the Last Jedi is written we will look back as FA being the most meaningless movie in the series, which sucks because I liked the movie.  The Force Awakens is basically just a Han Solo fan service movie now. 

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Saw it again yesterday, left with the same opinion.  Its an enjoyable movie on its own but a terrible sequel to the Force Awakens.  Because of the way the Last Jedi is written we will look back as FA being the most meaningless movie in the series, which sucks because I liked the movie.  The Force Awakens is basically just a Han Solo fan service movie now. 

What? That movie introduced Kylo, Rey, Finn, and Poe. How can you say that's useless?

5 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

What? That movie introduced Kylo, Rey, Finn, and Poe. How can you say that's useless?

Introducing the main characters is a part of exposition.

I think he's referring to the mystique of Snoke (dead after two scenes in TLJ, no background given), the mystery of Rey's lineage (she's nobody), and the "defeat" of the First Order (blowing up their monumentally expensive superweapon apparently did nothing to turn the tide).

None of those things^^ really mattered after The Last Jedi.

9 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Because nothing that happened in FA mattered at all.  The only relevant thing that happened in FA that impacted the story of TLJ is that the Senate was murdered by the First Order, which could have been accomplished in the opening crawl.  So basically a scene that lasted all of 30 seconds in the Force Awakens is the only relevant part of the overall story.  

Archived