• RB James Cook
    • WR Khalil Shakir
    • WR Justin Shorter
    • OG O'Cyrus Torrence
    • TE Dalton Kincaid
    • Other (3 season or less)
    • No one

Listen to Buffalo Bills Radio & Live Play-by-Play | SiriusXM

I'll do another mini series of break out candidates for our beloved Bills to help pass the time until Free Agency.

In your opinion, who on offense breaks out as not only a star on the team, but is seen league wide as a top player at their position. One caveat is they must be going into their 2nd or 3rd season in the NFL.

Bills' offense gets back on track as newcomers impress | Columnists |  oleantimesherald.com

@bigbadbuff
@bigbadbuff23835

@Billsfaninptown

@BillsGuy82

@Thelonebillsfan

@The BILLievers

@DER10N92

@Kmart128

@Maxmw22

@WizeGuy

@soflbillsfan

31 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Hmmm...I would've called last season Cook's breakout season. 

I'm going to go with what will likely be a popular answer...Kincaid!

I’d like to see Cook take another step in two important categories. Catching and redzone. 

The one is somewhat out of his control as we took him off the field for Murray near the goal line. But Cook is probably in that 12-15 range at RB for me. 

Lots of good responses here. A few guys mentioned I could see having things swing a little more in their favor but maybe not classify as “breakout”. 

Kincaid had 73 grabs this year. That’s pretty good for his position. I’d say around 75-85 is good number for him. And I believe we will see more downfield from him this coming year which will lead to more yards and an uptick in TDs as well. He would be my pick most likely based off criteria for choosing. 

Cook I believe has pretty much hit his mark with what we seen this season. I believe we will see a little more TD production falling his way. 

Benford could be a dark horse here too. With the safety position up in the air, Beane mentioned Benford as a switch candidate last offseason so a full time run there could see him produce very well. 

Edited by DER10N92
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think this is an easy one. It has to be Kincaid. Another year in the system and he showed some serious flashes last year. I think he sniffs 1000 yards and 8-10 touchdowns if he stays healthy.

If Kincaid becomes the stud he should and Shakir locks down the slow role, the sky is the limit on offense.

9 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

Benford could be a dark horse here too. With the safety position up in the air, Beane mentioned Benford as a switch candidate last offseason so a full time run there could see him produce very well. 

You're jumping the gun on me lol.

I'm going to do the defensive side next week. 

8 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

You're jumping the gun on me lol.

I'm going to do the defensive side next week. 

Yep thats my bad lol. I wrote that right before passing out for the night so I wasn't fully there mentally when shooting a response lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Who are you guys most worried about taking a step backwards on offense? Mine would be Dawkins. I think he will still be good, but I have a feeling that he might regress a bit and we might need to start thinking about our LT of the future.

Diggs for me. 

I actually think Dawkins is in his prime and last year was his best full season. Could maybe even see another step with more familiarity with the offense. 

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Diggs for me. 

I actually think Dawkins is in his prime and last year was his best full season. Could maybe even see another step with more familiarity with the offense. 

I was thinking Diggs too, but I believe the 2nd half of last season could be a sign that his regression has already begun. I don't know why I think Dawkins will take a step back, but likely just a gut feeling.

2 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I was thinking Diggs too, but I believe the 2nd half of last season could be a sign that his regression has already begun. I don't know why I think Dawkins will take a step back, but likely just a gut feeling.

That’s my fear for Diggs too. I think too many people are going to be expecting him to bounce back and be a bona fide #1. I think he’ll be a high end 2 and with our current depth, be getting the attention of a 1. 

I hope my gut feeling on Dawkins is right and yours is wrong lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Can Kincaid even "break out"

Went with O'Cyrus Torrence but Khalil Shakir is primed to be WR2 or WR3.. He could go over 1000 yards next year with 7-8 TD 

I’d say yes. He wasn’t even the best rookie TE last year so I’d like to think there’s another step or two he could take in this offense and as a player. 

• Like 1