F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

33 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Today March 13 is the first day to sign FA STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE JETS ARE DOING.

So far, Jets have upgraded the run defense, LG and RT.  What is your issue?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We need guys who get separation. 

That's GW, Gipson/Brownlee, and maybe the guy we draft. MW gives us someone who can play physically against bigger CBs - it's just his health that concerns me. We aren't exactly fortunate with injuries.

29 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

That's GW, Gipson/Brownlee, and maybe the guy we draft. MW gives us someone who can play physically against bigger CBs - it's just his health that concerns me. We aren't exactly fortunate with injuries.

I just don’t see it working based on how the offense is run. And we know we aren’t adjusting to fit him into what we do. 

55 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just don’t see it working based on how the offense is run. And we know we aren’t adjusting to fit him into what we do. 

I don't know if we even have an offensive identity. Rodgers is going to do whatever he wants, and I'm not sure whatever we suffered through last year is going to be near what our offense is with a healthy Rodgers. MW could be his Jordy Nelson/James Jones.

But I'm not necessarily for it. I love MW and I love his game, but we are not a franchise that should be betting on a healthy season from an oft-injured player.

It would be great to fall back towards the latter part of the first round, and take a guy like Xavier Worthy. He might be raw, but Rodgers could really exploit his speed, both by throwing deep to him and by what he could do to stretch defenses. Get a slot receiver in free agency and that could be a terrific WR corps.

Seattle to me seems like an obvious trade partner if we wanted to trade down, but unfortunately I am not sure that Schneider wants to trade with the Jets after what happened the last time he did.

7 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It would be great to fall back towards the latter part of the first round, and take a guy like Xavier Worthy. He might be raw, but Rodgers could really exploit his speed, both by throwing deep to him and by what he could do to stretch defenses. Get a slot receiver in free agency and that could be a terrific WR corps.

Seattle to me seems like an obvious trade partner if we wanted to trade down, but unfortunately I am not sure that Schneider wants to trade with the Jets after what happened the last time he did.

I think a QB will fall along with one of the 3 WR and one of the 3 T. The jets will get calls for pick 10. The question will be do your take your guy at 10 or trade down and hope your guy is there and you get a pick or 2 more for doing this plus your guy on a cheaper 4 year contract with a cheaper 5th year option. I think the Jets can go as far as 15 but beyond that your losing a lot after that. I like a trade with the Raiders at 13. This makes so much sense to me. 

40 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think a QB will fall along with one of the 3 WR and one of the 3 T. The jets will get calls for pick 10. The question will be do your take your guy at 10 or trade down and hope your guy is there and you get a pick or 2 more for doing this plus your guy on a cheaper 4 year contract with a cheaper 5th year option. I think the Jets can go as far as 15 but beyond that your losing a lot after that. I like a trade with the Raiders at 13. This makes so much sense to me. 

I think the more desperate QB teams would be Minnesota (Sam Darnold, lol) and Seattle (Geno Smith is the only QB on their roster at present time). The Raiders seem to like McConnell, and Minshew is about as good a bridge QB as you can get. Plus, they have huge issues on defense still. I don't think they move up three spots. 

If we are talking about teams moving up to 10 to pick a tackle, then I think we are looking at teams like Dallas and KC. But at this point, we don't have a left tackle so I doubt we trade down unless we swing something big with the LT market. Same goes for the WR position. We could use a WR at 10, unless something changes in free agency.

And then there is the whole elephant in the room (Zach Wilson). Could we convince a team like Minnesota or Seattle that Zach Wilson would be a good idea for them? With Fields still out there, it will be tough to do.

Let's hope Douglas is not turning down offers for his boy.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:16 PM, GangGreen420 said:

Huff going to the Eagles is a step back for the defense.

spare me your Will McDonalds closing sack fantasies 

Is 26 year old Bryce Huff going to be the next Johnathan Vilma & Demario Davis the Jets made that mistake twice is Huff going be the third mistake. Don't know much about Ronald McDonald before he was the clown for Mc Donalds, we will see how he works out for the Jets

Edited by doumeyer