F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

The optimist in me:  Smith will play a full season for the first time in 9 years. The OL stays healthy. We draft an OT at 10 to serve as a backup and future starter. OL fixed.

The pessimist in me:  JD drafts a WR at 10. Smith is hurt most of the season. Moses is not ready for the first game. We are playing with less than starting caliber OT’s. His Highness is under constant duress and whines about it creating the exact BS he railed against and the shiny new WR is ignored by He Who Shall Not Be Named.  In other words; the SOJ.

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

The optimist in me:  Smith will play a full season for the first time in 9 years. The OL stays healthy. We draft an OT at 10 to serve as a backup and future starter. OL fixed.

The pessimist in me:  JD drafts a WR at 10. Smith is hurt most of the season. Moses is not ready for the first game. We are playing with less than starting caliber OT’s. His Highness is under constant duress and whines about it creating the exact BS he railed against and the shiny new WR is ignored by He Who Shall Not Be Named.  In other words; the SOJ.

Or we’re going QB. 😬

• Like 2

Mike Williams would be a really nice get. Would open up a lot of possibilities come the draft, WR,OT, and QB all become possibilities. Interested in how many QBs we’ve looked at I know Pratt and Nix

1 hour ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Or we’re going QB. 😬

Perish the thought.  Another FRP QB. I like the idea of getting a QB in round 3 or later. We need to groom someone. But pick 10? It would be such a Jetsy move. 

After reading all the post for the last 24 hours, the players we have been going after are all guys in their thirties, it sure looks like this team is built for Arron Rodgers for one last stand to get back into the SB. If this plan fails, look at the mess we will be in two years. You're not going to fool the people on this board their just to smart.

I love all the OL FA moves the Jets have made, but clearly, these signings are bridge signings. The Jets need to draft OL this year, and not 4-5th round players.

If the Jets can sign a FA WR, and not be locked into drafting one in the first round, which is a mistake IMHO. It seems the board before the Jets pick that there is going to be a run on QB's. Minny is already getting prepped to move up to snag one.

This means a potential 10 year OT is available, the draft is deep in WR talent, the Jets can wait, or trade back up into the 2nd round to grab a burner.

The Jets cannot afford to have an injury on the OL, especially at the OT position without having a blue chip player prepared to enter the game. 

J.D. HEAR ME?????

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

After reading all the post for the last 24 hours, the players we have been going after are all guys in their thirties, it sure looks like this team is built for Arron Rodgers for one last stand to get back into the SB. If this plan fails, look at the mess we will be in two years. You're not going to fool the people on this board their just to smart.

And just what do you think FA is?  Do you think teams are going to release good, young players?  No, what FA is and has always been are older players make big $ that the current team can’t afford. Or players that can’t stay healthy. Or players that just are not good. That’s it.

The Smith signing is HUGE. He was graded as the 4th best T in the league. He also seems to be over most of his injuries. I'm also excited that the Vikings made the trade with the Texans. This means the Vikings are moving up for a QB. Thus means a top 10 team not looking fir a QB will fall behing the Jets. That is 1 more OT or WR that will fall. Heck this draft is having 4 QB's in the top 10 go. That leaves 6 spots. Two of those spots will be Dallas Turner and Harrison. Now your down to 4 players and you have 2 great WR left and 3 stud T. One of these guys will be there. I just hope it is not Brock Bowers. I would be so mad at this because NO TE is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

And just what do you think FA is?  Do you think teams are going to release good, young players?  No, what FA is and has always been are older players make big $ that the current team can’t afford. Or players that can’t stay healthy. Or players that just are not good. That’s it.

The only good young players that are let go are the guys who cause problems on or off the field. You are 100% correct.