1. 1. Who do you have?

• Terrell Bernard
    • Dorian Williams
    • Christian Benford
    • Kaiir Elam
    • Kingsley Johnathan
    • Other (3 seasons or less)

Listen to Buffalo Bills Radio & Live Play-by-Play | SiriusXM

I'll do another mini series of break out candidates for our beloved Bills to help pass the time until Free Agency.

In your opinion, who on defense breaks out as not only a star on the team, but is seen league wide as a top player at their position. One caveat is they must be going into their 2nd or 3rd season in the NFL.

Terrel Bernard of the Buffalo Bills celebrates with Dorian Williams... News  Photo - Getty Images

Bills CB Kaiir Elam May Lose Starting Role to Sixth-Round Pick

@bigbadbuff
@bigbadbuff23835

@Billsfaninptown

@BillsGuy82

@Thelonebillsfan

@The BILLievers

@DER10N92

@Kmart128

@Maxmw22

@WizeGuy

@soflbillsfan

Last year we saw Oliver play a full season at the level we've been waiting for. Bernard was amazing but did get injured and struggled against the run at time. I still think he has room to break out even more and becomes recognized around the league.

Sounds like Tre White will be back...if we signed Douglas long term does that mean Benford goes to S? If so, he could see a breakout season as well. 

41 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Last year we saw Oliver play a full season at the level we've been waiting for. Bernard was amazing but did get injured and struggled against the run at time. I still think he has room to break out even more and becomes recognized around the league.

Sounds like Tre White will be back...if we signed Douglas long term does that mean Benford goes to S? If so, he could see a breakout season as well. 

Tre White was a shell of his former self before Achilles injury.. Bringing him back is foolish looking at our cap space. 

25 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Tre White was a shell of his former self before Achilles injury.. Bringing him back is foolish looking at our cap space. 

9 catches for 56 yards allowed in 3 and a half games. I'd hardly say he was a shell of himself. He's also a guy that could translate to FS.

Cutting him saves 6 millions, converting his base salary saves 3 million. Bills are currently 27 million under the projected cap for 2025 so they can move some money around quite easily. 

I'll say Benford for the time being, especially if he's the one to step in at S. Bernard had such a good year last year, I don't think he will top that but will be more than happy to see him stay consistent at that level. Williams I don't believe will be ready nor Kingsley. I don't even know if Elam will be on the team, he would be the biggest surprise if anything.

One thing I wouldn't rule out as well is a young outsider FA coming in on a cheap deal that someone gave up on and exceeding expectations. Kind of like a few years back when we signed Poyer and he hadn't played much and then became a staple for our defense. Knowing our luck though it'll be the opposite and we'll ship Elam off and he'll rise to his potential there lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well im saying Benford. With White gone I think that spot opposite of Douglas is his now. And I think the Bills staff is comfortable with him as our #2 Corner. He played well this year and I think he starts to get noticed more. 

Bernard Im gonna say already broke out. He had an incredible season. Literally could do it all and fill the stat sheet. Tackles, sacks, PBUs, INTs, fumbles you name it and he was there.