Browns Trading for Jeudy

FGK

Great get imo. Very talented and I agree that it should allow Moore to be used more in the slot where he belongs.  Bumps Tillman down to 4th, Bell 5th.   That’s a pretty decent group imo.

36 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Think it's unlikely we go WR or TE early in the draft now, though.

Unless they lock he or Amari up longer term before the draft (or intend to), I’m not sure it changed much in that regard. Tillman and Bell will be the only receivers on the roster under contract for the following year and neither look to be starting caliber guys as of now.

Not saying I’d expect it, but I wouldn’t be stunned if we grabbed one in R2-3.

31 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I think it opens up us going Tackle though 

And G tbh. If they really want to redshirt rookies, we’ve got to be getting close to the time we should be considering an heir to one of the guard spots.

• Like 2

First point 

Will there be a 4th round pick that will outperform jeudy? Yes

considering we only gave up a 4th for a 1200 

yard wide receiver this trade looks as bad as the dushbag trade.

having Willis as are left tackle for dushbags

career here another f.

is this enough to improve us from 25th thru 32 wide receiving core yes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

First point 

Will there be a 4th round pick that will outperform jeudy? Yes

considering we only gave up a 4th for a 1200 

yard wide receiver this trade looks as bad as the dushbag trade.

having Willis as are left tackle for dushbags

career here another f.

is this enough to improve us from 25th thru 32 wide receiving core yes.

You are consistent 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Why? We just restructured Wills. He’s staying. We have Conklin (good) and Dawand (awesome). We have a surplus of OT’s. 

Didn't realize we restructured Wills, but that doesn't mean he'll be here long-term. Neither will Conklin. Wouldn't shock me if they take a raw OT prospect with good upside early in the draft. Maybe not round two, but could see rounds three or four.

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless they lock he or Amari up longer term before the draft (or intend to), I’m not sure it changed much in that regard. Tillman and Bell will be the only receivers on the roster under contract for the following year and neither look to be starting caliber guys as of now.

Not saying I’d expect it, but I wouldn’t be stunned if we grabbed one in R2-3.

Fair point. Hoping we do extend Cooper, though. Moore? TBD. I like him but he's gotta produce more than he did last year.

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And G tbh. If they really want to redshirt rookies, we’ve got to be getting close to the time we should be considering an heir to one of the guard spots.

Yup. Wouldn't count on us spending our second on a guard, but wouldn't rule it out if that guard was BPA. At some point we're gonna have to part ways with Bitonio and/or Teller.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Why? We just restructured Wills. He’s staying. We have Conklin (good) and Dawand (awesome). We have a surplus of OT’s. 

Yea wills is still only here for this year then will need a new deal and has been less than stellar, Dawand I’m not convinced is a LT, Ik he’s an elite RT, Conklin is gone after this season I believe 

11 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Yea wills is still only here for this year then will need a new deal and has been less than stellar, Dawand I’m not convinced is a LT, Ik he’s an elite RT, Conklin is gone after this season I believe 

Yeah I’m gonna assume they resign Wills.  For as much hate as he gets, some of it deserved, I think finding a better replacement is easier said than down.  He’s also still just 25 this season, so there’s definitely a chance he continues to improve.

Gun to my head now they extend him for 2 years (in addition to 2024) and move on from Conklin after this year. After 2026 both Wills and Jones will be FA and they’ll likely have to pick one.

• Like 1

Love the Jeudy move 

To me he still has low end WR1 upside. 

he’s only 24 going on 25

we gotta figure out his contract but we can do that after the season. 

im 99% sure Berry trades down into the third now 

Not the biggest Jeudy fan - he's kind of like Moore, gifted and promising, but inconsistent and a disappointment for where he was drafted. However, good get for a 5th and a 6th: upgrade at #2 WR for sure.

4 hours ago, DawgX said:

Didn't realize we restructured Wills, but that doesn't mean he'll be here long-term. Neither will Conklin. Wouldn't shock me if they take a raw OT prospect with good upside early in the draft. Maybe not round two, but could see rounds three or four.

I hope we don’t. We have holes we can fill now. We are in win-now mode. Why take an OT that won’t help us, barring a holocaust of our OT’s like we had this year?

I’ll answer that question 

first we stand a excellent chance of getting 

2 draft picks .

then we would save 33 million in salary cap.

that is right we would free up enough money to trade fir Tyree hill.

52 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Not the biggest Jeudy fan - he's kind of like Moore, gifted and promising, but inconsistent and a disappointment for where he was drafted. However, good get for a 5th and a 6th: upgrade at #2 WR for sure.

Well if he was consistent with the talent he has, he wouldn’t have been available 

I think this is also a good for Tillman.  He should be getting a tremendous amount of route running work/learning behind Cooper, Jeudy, and Moore.  Not that I'm expecting a big year from Tillman, but I expect to see improvement in his on-field presence and become more of an asset, if he can take this opportunity and grow.

• Like 1