Offseason Thread - Free Agency and Trades

CBears019

41 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Russel Wilson to sign a one year deal with the Steelers.  I hope it is exactly $1.00 more than veteran minimum just as a big FU to Denver.

Forget the Fields trade angle - Russ is, at best, the 3rd best QB in that division on what is probably the 4th best team when everyone is healthy. And he’s 36 and declining.

I just don’t follow the logic unless the goal is to try to help Tomlin continue to stay just above .500 again. 

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Russel Wilson to sign a one year deal with the Steelers.  I hope it is exactly $1.00 more than veteran minimum just as a big FU to Denver.

About as close as can be at $1.2 million for the year 😂

Things are going to drástically heat up in the coming hours. Armstead might be a good 1-2 year placeholder if he has anything left in the tank and comes cheap, real cheap. 

Edited by malagabears

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Jaguars sign C Mitch Morse.

Lions resign G Graham Glasgow.

Great start for fans of alliteration.

Morse was the guy who started ahead of our guy.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Forget the Fields trade angle - Russ is, at best, the 3rd best QB in that division on what is probably the 4th best team when everyone is healthy. And he’s 36 and declining.

I just don’t follow the logic unless the goal is to try to help Tomlin continue to stay just above .500 again. 

He’s basically a free QB.  But it still seems like you just punted on 2024 if you are a Steelers fan. 

I get it that they didn’t want to give up a draft pick.  But still.  I would be disappointed were I them. 

All the Bears fans who thought Steelers were bluffing on Wilson to drive down price of Fields were wrong.  

I am not 100% sure this means they still wouldn’t take Fields for right price, but it seems pretty unlikely.

• Like 1