Raiders sign Christian Wilkins - 4 yr / $110M (85M GTD)

20 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Wilkins is a beast and interior pressure is a major area of need but damn that is a lot of cash.  He needs to consistently register double digit sacks for this to prove to be good value.  He is a heck of a player though and was a major reason the Phins had a legit D.    

What if he gets 7 -8 sacks help our rush defense greatly improve and helps free up crosby and Wilson and their sack totals go up. Would those 2 or 3 missing sacks really mean he isn't worth the money? 

• Like 5

One other note about Christian is apparently he's one of the best locker room guys in the league. Everything you see/hear/read about him is hilarious and the players LOVE him. The fact Ramsey and Achane have already came out and tweeted about him leaving says a lot.

• Like 5

I never get the money argument from fans. It's not your money, who cares? If the player is actually good is all I care about. Team has been lacking iDL for decades and some of you want to talk about the money?!?

This is exactly what you do when you don't have to pay a QB. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I never get the money argument from fans. It's not your money, who cares? If the player is actually good is all I care about. Team has been lacking iDL for decades and some of you want to talk about the money?!?

This is exactly what you do when you don't have to pay a QB. 

Exactly. Saints been making its cap work for years. You can make it work for good players especially with no big money qb. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What if he gets 7 -8 sacks help our rush defense greatly improve and helps free up crosby and Wilson and their sack totals go up. Would those 2 or 3 missing sacks really mean he isn't worth the money? 

That would pose good value. I was just throwing an arbitrary number out there. A 3T is a major area of need and Wilkins is one of the best in the game. I can’t complain with the move other than the contract was quite high. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Phenomenal signing. Now if we can sign Damien Lewis and trade a 3rd for Fields my offseason dream will be complete and we can truly go BPA with our 2 Top 45 selections. 

3rd?! Bears have no leverage. Offer what Mac Jones got and tell them take it or leave it. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

3rd?! Bears have no leverage. Offer what Mac Jones got and tell them take it or leave it. 

I think we value Fields differently. I think a 3rd for an ascending QB that knows the system is fine value. With that said, if a 4-5 gets it done I’m all for it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Real talk, I'm hardballing Chicago like crazy on it. 

The Mac trade ser that market. Does Jones have the upside Fields might have? No. But Mac's body of work isn't terribly far of from what Fields has actually done and his best year makes Fields'best look like crap. 

I'd offer the Mac deal or tell Chicago to kick rocks.