Raiders sign Christian Wilkins - 4 yr / $110M (85M GTD)

Finally!!! At long last someone listened to the forum 😁 

Great signing as it will affect all 3 levels of the defence. If he plays aswell as we know he can he’ll be worth every penny. 

Another benefit us that it opens up the draft for us, we don’t need to target a DT now and maybe it gives us more options to move about for a QB knowing we don’t have to spend a high pick on a DT.

• Like 2

I can’t believe we did it. I’m in shock! 

I was sceptical, even posting about how unlikely a big signing like this was. But what do I know!

Its got to be a good sign about where we are as an organisation. I’m sure the taxes played a part(!), but I’m certain that AP did too and the chance to play alongside Maxx.

Absolutely delighted that we now have a legitimate dline. It gives us a focal point and identity to build from

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Finally!!! At long last someone listened to the forum 😁 

Great signing as it will affect all 3 levels of the defence. If he plays aswell as we know he can he’ll be worth every penny. 

Another benefit us that it opens up the draft for us, we don’t need to target a DT now and maybe it gives us more options to move about for a QB knowing we don’t have to spend a high pick on a DT.

Good point about the draft. 

I’m a bit meh on the James signing, but it does reduce the need for multiple oline picks. And with the number of starters we have around the team, we really don’t have that many holes to fill imo…

Just the most important one of course!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That would pose good value. I was just throwing an arbitrary number out there. A 3T is a major area of need and Wilkins is one of the best in the game. I can’t complain with the move other than the contract was quite high. 

If it makes you feel any better just think he’s only getting paid what Jimmy Garoppolo was, I’m pretty sure he’s going to contribute a little more to the cause 😂

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

If it makes you feel any better just think he’s only getting paid what Jimmy Garoppolo was, I’m pretty sure he’s going to contribute a little more to the cause 😂

I have been pounding the table for a dominant 3T to anchor this D for two decades and Wilkins is a baller.  I would have preferred 20M a year and used the other 5M to add depth and bolster the Oline but landing a player Wilkins at a major area of need is a win....

• Like 1

DI CHRISTIAN WILKINS SIGNS WITH LAS VEGAS RAIDERS

2023 PFF Grade: 71.8 (29th/130)

2023 PFF WAR: 0.23 (12th)

Fit/need grade: A+

Value grade: B

Contract: Four years, $110 million ($27.5 million per year), $84.75 million total guaranteed

PFF projected contract: Four years, $100 million ($25 million per year), $70 million total guaranteed

Realistically, this should have been about the expected price once the Chris Jones deal got done and truly tethered an interior defender contract to the Aaron Donald outlier (an outlier no more). Wilkins bet on himself in 2023 despite seemingly his entire draft class around him cashing in, and boy, did that pay off. The duo of Maxx Crosby and Wilkins is going to take this ascending Raiders defense to even greater heights in 2024.