Eagles sign RB Saquon Barkley

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

You all freaking out like the cap isn’t going up each year.

Ain’t nobody asking you to pay the bill. chill brah 

I freak out because RB is dangerous 

i get excited because it’s saquan and he’s one of the more electric players in the nfl

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The difference between the Giants and Eagles O lines is the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it 

This makes me even more ok potentially drafting OL high if available 

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Troy Fauntanu at 22 

im in tbh 

That’s kinda my thing now. The offense has potential to be special. Between Kellen Moore and saquan, your main focus should be securing the offensive line now on offense. I’d like a 3rd WR, but get a guard to compete with steen. Apparently steen looked good at RT in camp so maybe he’s lanes heir apparent. Regardless a stud guard at least gives us 4/5 OLman taken care of and we can just stress about jurgens

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Idk why but a running stat independent of blocking is the equivalent of a QB stay independent of surrounding talent.

if a QB has no OL, no WRs, no RB the contextualization of that would be borderline undefinable 

I’d argue something similar about RB and OL. 

it’s goofy to me PFF would even try to bring context to something like that. 

36 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

Even if those numbers weren't going down this would be a bad signing. Just terrible allocation of funds. He had better be good and healthy or this is gonna look really bad.

After 2020 I’ve learned that the nfl really is about risks. Whether it works or not the eagles will be fine longterm. Worst case scenario is they blow it up, which they did in 2020 and we were in the superbowl in 2022. Best case the team is really fun to watch and wins a lot of games

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

The cap is a construct. 

At this point I'm just trusting howie to know what he's doing money wise. I can't remember the last time the eagles have truly been cap ****ed like some of these other teams lately.