Steelers sign LB Patrick Queen

RaidersAreOne

I'm not a big fan. He seems like a solid enough ILB, just not exactly a game wrecker. I guess it could have been worse, he could have signed for $50M. I honestly would rather have had Willie Gay from KC. At least he's tall and can get his hands into passing lanes. 

5 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm not a big fan. He seems like a solid enough ILB, just not exactly a game wrecker. I guess it could have been worse, he could have signed for $50M. I honestly would rather have had Willie Gay from KC. At least he's tall and can get his hands into passing lanes. 

And Willie Gay is a great linebacker in space. Queen really isn't, and was only good when playing next to Roquan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

He’s softer than your grandma’s bedspread 

But he’s probably top 3-5 in the league at his position athletically 

So def something there to work with

If the Steelers plan to user him then it's a good signing. Otherwise it's a waste of money.

• Like 1

I think Queen may be underrated. The consensus seems to be that he was bad without Roquon, but he was more boom or bust with high impact explosive plays and some misses. He is better when he can freelance and doesn't have to be the Mike, but he was still capable of doing that. He started every game since coming into the league; he's crazy athletic and seems cerebral and passionate. He's also still only 24 years old. There's a chance this works out REALLY well for the Steelers, which is why I wish he signed elsewhere.

Edited by wackywabbit

8 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I think Queen may be underrated. The consensus seems to be that he was bad without Roquon, but he was more boom or bust with high impact explosive plays and some misses. He is better when he can freelance and doesn't have to be the Mike, but he was still capable of doing that. He started every game since coming into the league; he's crazy athletic and seems cerebral and passionate. He's also still only 24 years old. There's a chance this works out REALLY well for the Steelers, which is why I wish he signed elsewhere.

I think it’s telling that his former LB coach and DC in Mike MacDonald just had a massive opening at ILB with the loss of Jordyn Brooks and didn’t pound the table to bring him in on a deal that came in cheaper than almost anyone predicted he’d end up with

4 minutes ago, Mr.UFO said:

I never thought the Ravens would let Patrick Queen leave. But I guess they needed the money to sign an aging running back.

Na they used any money earmarked for Queen on the other ILB on the roster named Roquan Smith

Just now, 43M said:

How is he in coverage?

He’s gotten better. Was pretty bad first two years but has improved to like averagish. Still gets beat but that’s literally every LB in the modern NFL now

• Like 1