Chiefs sign Hollywood Brown

NYRaider

To me Hollywood isn't a real deep threat. You aren't throwing 1v1s deep for him cause he is bad at that.  He is more of a get open guy. KC prob needed a guy that could get open 1v1 and he can do that. Solid YAC but not that in the break tackle way. More juke or out run. I would guess they would have avoid him blocking on screens/runs as much as possible cause he is also real bad at that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

To me Hollywood isn't a real deep threat. You aren't throwing 1v1s deep for him cause he is bad at that.  He is more of a get open guy. KC prob needed a guy that could get open 1v1 and he can do that. Solid YAC but not that in the break tackle way. More juke or out run. I would guess they would have avoid him blocking on screens/runs as much as possible cause he is also real bad at that. 

I think he'll work well with Mahomes because of that. He'll get open/find soft spots, a bit like Kelce, and Mahomes is obviously excellent at finding those spots. Still see them drafitng a WR with one of their day 1 or 2 picks but he gives them options.

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It would be really unfortunate if you ended up with someone who might become a distraction or get all up in the coaches face on the sidelines or something.

lol you can do better than this 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Taking things with a "grain of rice" is definitely not the idiom.  It's salt.

I'm sorry that this ruins your little play on the Chiefs roster receivers here.  But please do not spread malapropisms.  They're contagious and detrimental to communication.

My man clearly doesn't put his emotions into rice to help them dry off.

Hollywood+Kelce+Rice+Pacheco is a dangerous offense.

**** the chiefs.

8 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like the problem with Hollywood Brown broadly is that he wasn't very useful on any play where he doesn't get the ball.  If there's an offensive mind that can fix that, it's probably Andy Reid.

We had to live with receivers that weren't very useful whether the ball went to them or not. I really like adding Brown. We still need to address the position early in the draft in addition to TE at some point...there is some sneaky developmental talent that could be there in the middle rounds at TE.

11 hours ago, Xmad said:

NOOOOOO. Also to those saying Hollywood can't be a No.1 yes he can lol. He was just stuck in our run heavy offense and paired with a terrible QB situation in Arizona.

The 8 games he actually got to play with Kyler in 2022 he was on pace for a little over 100 receptions and 1200 yards. But he had big time issues with nagging injuries and he gives up way too easily. Doesn't really fight the way he needs to with that little frame. Relies entirely on creating like 3+ yards of separation but also quits on routes and drops the ball at very inopportune moments. But yeah, his sample size with Colt McCoy, Trace McSorley, Clayton Tune, and Josh Dobbs at QB can be mostly ignored. 

11 hours ago, Xmad said:

Legit might be a 100/1500/10 season right here.

I think probably 85 receptions, 1150 yards, 6 TDs if he can stay healthy. He probably won't be dominant but he'll have his moments. But man, those drops are gonna get him crucified by Chiefs fans.

18 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

The 8 games he actually got to play with Kyler in 2022 he was on pace for a little over 100 receptions and 1200 yards. But he had big time issues with nagging injuries and he gives up way too easily. Doesn't really fight the way he needs to with that little frame. Relies entirely on creating like 3+ yards of separation but also quits on routes and drops the ball at very inopportune moments. But yeah, his sample size with Colt McCoy, Trace McSorley, Clayton Tune, and Josh Dobbs at QB can be mostly ignored. 

I think probably 85 receptions, 1150 yards, 6 TDs if he can stay healthy. He probably won't be dominant but he'll have his moments. But man, those drops are gonna get him crucified by Chiefs fans.

His drop rate while in Arizona per PFR, about 3.8%, would've been 4th best on our team this past season, behind Noah Gray, Skyy Moore, and Donovan Smith. I'm not sure Smith really counts, but even still, those guys combined had fewer catches than Brown, so a few guys with low target rates are really the only reason we had anyone with a better drop rate than Brown. Statistically, he has had better hands than any skill position player on our roster. I think we'll be fine with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Lol he’s a perfect fit. Mahomes hates throwing 1v1 balls, he only likes throwing to the “get open” guy. If you can’t get open then you ain’t getting the ball in the chiefs offense. 

I don’t like his blocking ability and injury-prone-ness, but besides that this should be a good addition 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Seems really weird to call a player a "one-trick pony" coming off his rookie season. "Welp, he was like this in his first year and that's all he can ever be."

Yeah, you didn't know??? Tyreek Hill, Michael Pittman, Stefan Diggs, Chris Godwin, Davante Adams, and Brandin Cooks have all been complete nonfactors in the NFL because they averaged like 500 yards as a rookie. They're absolute garbage.

And Odell Beckham, with his *checks notes* 3800 yards in the last SEVEN years is the GOAT WR, as was foretold his rookie season and reinforced his past couple. He only had 9 less receptions this year than Jonathan Mingo!!!

Adam Thielen, who just had 100+ receptions and 1000+ yards at the age of 33, is terrible. Thielen now has about 70 more receptions than his fellow 2014 rookie OBJ, by the way. They have identical career TDs and Thielen has 200 less career receiving yards. Thielen has less than 300 yards from 2014-15 and OBJ had nearly 3,000.

Heck, even looking at this season, Zay Flowers is CERTAINLY a bust because he had less yards than Rashee Rice.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

His drop rate while in Arizona per PFR, about 3.8%, would've been 4th best on our team this past season, behind Noah Gray, Skyy Moore, and Donovan Smith. I'm not sure Smith really counts, but even still, those guys combined had fewer catches than Brown, so a few guys with low target rates are really the only reason we had anyone with a better drop rate than Brown. Statistically, he has had better hands than any skill position player on our roster. I think we'll be fine with it.

And he is UNDOUBTEDLY an upgrade to your team. But his drops in his past two years here ONLY happen when he's wide open for a TD lol.

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Lol he’s a perfect fit. Mahomes hates throwing 1v1 balls, he only likes throwing to the “get open” guy. If you can’t get open then you ain’t getting the ball in the chiefs offense. 

I don’t like his blocking ability and injury-prone-ness, but besides that this should be a good addition 

I'll second that the blocking is the one thing I'm not enamored with. For as maligned as they were, MVS, and Demarcus Robinson before him, were very willing and sound blockers outside. Still have Watson who is very good in that regard, but you don't want to get too predictable based on who you have out there.