The Chiefs are Serious

onejayhawk

I was going to title this, "Are the Chiefs Serious?" but it's fairly obvious that they are. Mahomes is going after something that eluded Brady and everyone since the merger, the Three-peat. 

With Hollywood Brown signing at below market value, with Chris Jones back for another year, with the only big FA question being CB, where the Chiefs have two solid potential fill-ins, is it going to happen?

The word was that 2022 was the year to get the Chiefs because they lost Tyreek Hill and Tyrann Mathieu. Even with all the rookies on the defense, they brought home the trophy. Then the word was that 2023 was the year because the offense never gelled and the WR were weak. They brought home trophy #2. 

This year they have Rashee Rice and added Hollywood Brown. They brought back Chris Jones and most of a top-10 defense. They even signed the Punting God, Matt Araiza, to replace Tommy Townsend. Is this the year that a team matches Vince and the Packers 1966-1968?

Wait, so youre saying the Chiefs are serious about winning Super Bowls?

Here are just a few of the GIFs that could be used to respond to this....

MJ5QJDX.gif

hfUyfh6.gif

6MbKyrM.gif

Ryx7qmj.gif

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Wait, so youre saying the Chiefs are serious about winning Super Bowls?

Here are just a few of the GIFs that could be used to respond to this....

MJ5QJDX.gif

hfUyfh6.gif

6MbKyrM.gif

Ryx7qmj.gif

Please re-read. 

Patrick Mahomes is serious about doing something Brady never accomplished. The team is well-positioned to make the attempt.

Well pack it up boys everyone go home the Chiefs are serious this time. (Also in my honest opinion this thread is up there with the "Because he might get injured" thread. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 13

I see what you are saying, but they do this every year. After losing to Brady, they went hog wild upgrading that OL. But the cap woes were coming so they had to dump a couple big contracts, Tyreek and Matheiu, and try building through the draft. McDuffie and big Karl were home run picks

Chris Jones won them the super bowl so bringing him back was inevitable. Marquise Brown is flashy, but VERY injury prone- there's a reason he had to settle for a middling 1 year deal. The punter thing is meaningless- Ariaza is just cheaper than captain long hair 

I agree, the Chiefs are my sleeper pick to contend in 2024. 

I had them ranked behind the Panthers in my preseason power rankings but then I heard they signed a punter and I realized that they were finally serious about competing. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 9