The Acolyte - June 4th

Acgott

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is it worth watching season 1 knowing that’s it? 

Wondering the same. Pretty much confirms I won't ever bother and will just read spoilers at this point. 

15 hours ago, MikeT14 said:
15 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Is it worth watching season 1 knowing that’s it? 

Wondering the same. Pretty much confirms I won't ever bother and will just read spoilers at this point. 

Some interesting fights, are sprinkled throughout 

It’s a lot of Jedi.

Liked Lee Jung-jae (Squid Game) as a Jedi master, Dafne Keen (Logan) as a padawan/younger Jedi.

It very clearly sets up a season 2, but wraps up enough as its own. We know where one of the threads goes.

If you just want some Star Wars, go for it. If you are expecting peak Star Wars…it’s fine to pass.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2024 at 2:27 PM, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, if you have watched previous Star Wars Disney+ content, it’s worth it.  Storytelling is a little disjointed, but I think part of that had to do with watching it during the release period.  

Certainly, it’s not great, but it’s also not as bad as some people say it is..  The lightsaber fights alone are worth the ‘price of admission’ so to speak.  

And this is coming from a huge Star Wars fan, who isn’t a fan of some of the storytelling decisions from Disney’s time running the franchise.  

On 8/21/2024 at 12:46 PM, Blackstar12 said:

I jeans a series about Palpatine when he was younger that that includes his master. Give the same Sith some love for once.

I think we all want a ‘Young Palpatine’ series especially if we can get some flash-forwards involving Ian McDiarmid while he’s still around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think we all want a ‘Young Palpatine’ series especially if we can get some flash-forwards involving Ian McDiarmid while he’s still around.

Ok, now I can't stop thinking about a Young Palpatine show that is like Young Sheldon where old Palpatine is narrating it, lol.

• Like 1