Taliese Fuaga
Quinyon Mitchell
Brock Bowers
Amarius Mims
Troy Fautanu
Chop Robinson

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

Easily the trade down, but that trade seems really lopsided.    Even if we just got their 2nd to move from 20 to 32, Id be perfectly happy.  

If you take the trade away, it would be JPJ, but we dont seem all that interested in him.

So, in that case, probably one of the CBs.

The trade down is where its at, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Easily the trade down, but that trade seems really lopsided.    Even if we just got their 2nd to move from 20 to 32, Id be perfectly happy.  

If you take the trade away, it would be JPJ, but we dont seem all that interested in him.

So, in that case, probably one of the CBs.

The trade down is where its at, though.

Is it possible that the lack of interest in JPJ is a smoke screen?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rlon said:

Is it possible that the lack of interest in JPJ is a smoke screen?

Perhaps, but likely not.  There are reports he completely dropped off of some teams lists.

When was the last time this team has drafted a player early they didnt bring in for a visit?

Again, its possible, but I seriously doubt its a smokescreen.   This draft has several solid center prospects as well, so I am not sure what a smokescreen would really accomplish anyway.

If we could get a 2025 2nd by trading down 12 spots, that's hard to pass on,
because you could still get Z.Frazier at 32. Otherwise, it's JPJ for me. I think 
the 'lack of interest' has to be a smoke screen.

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

I think JPJ is in the DeCastro zone. Assumption is he’ll be gone so they are checking more in the other guys, but good chance he falls. 

what ever happened with DDC and his injury settlement grievance or did he even file one? Colbert and Rooney a class act to a legit all pro for years. 

I voted JPJ but the trade is very intriguing.  I just think solidifying that center spot for a decade to come with a player that is versatile capable if needed is highly desirable. Not to mention  there are really only a few centers in the draft that are ready to step in and hold up this year. There are some good development guys though but Day 1 starters not so much and would be teetering the 2024 team on the edge.

If we signed Connor Williams then Id be more ok with taking the trade route risk and believe he was healthy enough. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I have closed this one and went with the trade as the votes said

Actually trade one is back up. I voted trade, then Frazier for 1.32. With the choices at 1.32 I would’ve preferred trading back a few more and then taking Frazier but that wasn’t a choice. As our roster stands today it’s imperative we come away with one of the 3 centers even if we reach a little 

On 3/24/2024 at 8:31 PM, 43M said:

Perhaps, but likely not.  There are reports he completely dropped off of some teams lists.

Loose lips still sink ships. No secret that the Steelers need a center. That hasn't and won't change unless somethings spectacular happens (surprise cut or trade).  With what has happened in the past with Darelle Revis and William Jackson III?  Cleveland jumped the Steelers for fear that they would have taken JOK instead of Freirmuth in round two. Why would you even mention the initials J or P until you select your guy?

When was the last time this team has drafted a player early they didnt bring in for a visit?

Mr. Colbert's gone. The old way of doing things is not in stone. The fact that they spent time with him at the Senior Bowl and sent the OL coach out to his workout hopefully sends enough, "We are not that concerned smoke screens." It is like walking down the street with your wife and an absolute knock-out walks by you and says, "hello."  You act like you are not really paying attention (if you have good sense that is).

th?id=OIP.GsgKb9owrkbSYgUpnZAmmgHaHa&pid

We  Steelers scouts aren't paying any attention to those Oregon IOL. 

Again, its possible, but I seriously doubt its a smokescreen.   This draft has several solid center prospects as well, so I am not sure what a smokescreen would really accomplish anyway.

Hopefully preventing someone from undercutting you in draft position and taking who you want. 
I love JPJ and Frazier. I have JPJ  rated ahead of the pack.  Yes you can do well with others, but I think this kid's going to GREAT. There's a difference between good and great.  I think he has the potential and if drafted by the Steelers will be great enough to one day be mentioned with Webster, Dawson, and Pouncey the Big Three. 

You and I have been pounding the table to select an OC for quite some time. Going back to our first round RB conversation when Najee was drafted, I said then that I would have taken Landon Dickerson had he not had knee issues in round one. Unfortunately, the Eagels were in front of the Steelers because I still believe he would have been their round 2 pick. Nearly four years later we are still looking to get a franchise Center. 

By far the trade is the best overall value, but you are also gambling that you can get value/need through the depth of the draft. While you may not get a home run prospect, you can add some real quality through having top-tier picks and the Steelers have multiple needs. 

You only have so many first-round prospects who actually have a first-round grade.  Despite being a center, I give one player in this draft a true first round grade.  The best kept secrets are not always secrets.

490-4908717_smile-shh-stickers-autocolla

1 hour ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Loose lips still sink ships. No secret that the Steelers need a center. That hasn't and won't change unless somethings spectacular happens (surprise cut or trade).  With what has happened in the past with Darelle Revis and William Jackson III?  Cleveland jumped the Steelers for fear that they would have taken JOK instead of Freirmuth in round two. Why would you even mention the initials J or P until you select your guy?

Mr. Colbert's gone. The old way of doing things is not in stone. The fact that they spent time with him at the Senior Bowl and sent the OL coach out to his workout hopefully sends enough, "We are not that concerned smoke screens." It is like walking down the street with your wife and an absolute knock-out walks by you and says, "hello."  You act like you are not really paying attention (if you have good sense that is).

Teams know quite well we need a center.  We have already interviewed and showed interest in several.   I seriously doubt a center needy team would change its strategy just because we didbt interview a guy like JPJ.    A team desperate for a center that likes JPJ team would jump us either way.

The reason why we lost out on guys like Revis and others we wanted wasn't really because we "tipped our hand".   Its because teams knew we needed help at a position and Colbert almost always let the draft fall to him.    Sometimes it worked out...sometimes it didn't.

If the Steelers like JPJ enough....they need to be aggressive.   Id prefer we don't trade UP, but you cant always expect the player youre targeting to fall in your lap.

Again, smokescreens can be useful....but if this is TRULY a smokescreen, its a really bad and largely pointless one.