2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

27 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Glad the Boys took JPJ because Barton was my guy through and through

For my money, Barton is a way better prospect than JPJ.  But I think I'm in the minority on not liking JPJ that much.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Me and you both, my friend.

What's your issue with him?  Mine is that I don't think he's that nimble, or quick in short areas.  Yeah, he's got play strength out the wazoo, but that's kind of it.  And while it's fun to watch him pancake the crap out of linebackers, I don't think being way stronger than the defenders on the other side translates that well to the NFL.  A little refinement, and he'll be great, but since when did raw upside Centers get mid first round buzz?

I have Frazier ahead of him, and I'd have Barton as OC1 if I had Barton as an OC, but I have him as a guard for the purposes of rankings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

What's your issue with him?  Mine is that I don't think he's that nimble, or quick in short areas.  Yeah, he's got play strength out the wazoo, but that's kind of it.  And while it's fun to watch him pancake the crap out of linebackers, I don't think being way stronger than the defenders on the other side translates that well to the NFL.  A little refinement, and he'll be great, but since when did raw upside Centers get mid first round buzz?

I have Frazier ahead of him, and I'd have Barton as OC1 if I had Barton as an OC, but I have him as a guard for the purposes of rankings.

Pretty much the same thing. He's great in a box but he's lost in space. That and I'm not really a fan of Oregon linemen or skill guys. Penei Sewell notwithstanding obviously (he was generational and could've gone to the school of the deaf and blind and gone top 10). 

• Like 2

FWIW, I'm not saying that he's not good or going to be good. He's a damn good interior lineman but Oregon does a lot of stuff that doesn't translate to the NFL IMO. His stuff in space, he directly runs straight to an unsuspecting CB or LB with no DL in front of him when he does it. No pulling, just straight at a CB or LB. I don't think he's going to be able to pull that **** off in the NFL. Just straight Pac 12 nonsense. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Newton can come in and learn from Cam and Larry O and be a rotational player to start

Pair up with Benton for the future 

Woulda picked Newton at 27 if you didn't pick him at 26

Edited by ovfd55
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imagine missing your pick by half a round and then getting all indignant when you get a player picked for you…..

@dcat I don’t mind picking for the Raiders if needed 

I offered my services as well but I have zero problems deferring here. I'd have to research for them as to their needs and what they run and stuff anyways. Someone that may be more familiar with them may be better off picking for them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I offered my services as well but I have zero problems deferring here. I'd have to research for them as to their needs and what they run and stuff anyways. Someone that may be more familiar with them may be better off picking for them.

Personally, I can't stand the Raiduhs... ever since the Heidi game that made me cry when I was a young boy. So whoever does it, I hope they serve them dog poop.  I'll wait a bit in case someone from that sub steps up...  so far no takers, and then we'll figure it out.  The next Raider pick is  44.