2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Not sure if it was Mayock or who, but way back when I first got into the draft and scouting, some show was debating who whatever team might be looking at in round 1. And this person in the know said something to the effect of “you would be surprised how often teams draft with an eye towards the other teams in their division.”

10 or so years later I still ponder that when I’m creating a draft plan.

This has felt like Washington plan the offseason From signing Dan Quinn and hearing Peters tout his record vs Division to hiring a coach from each team within the division it feels like a big part of the game plan is first to figure out how to win the division then focus on the rest.

• Like 1

Stepping out to go to dinner at my daughter's.  Maybe check in, maybe not but probably not.  Keep it going I'll updae sheet later.  Thanks for keeping it rolling.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Anyone available to make my pick for me??

I'm the pick after you so you can send it to me if you want. 

EDIT - Or you can make your pick now LOL

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

Ha!  Like @dcat I had to feed my two youngest daughters (8 & 10). My oldest is 30 with  daughters of her own. 

Texans are looking to move up from where we are and offering our 4ths, 

Let me know if you're interested - provided either of our targets are there.

Kind of surprised to see Polk still available 

Hoping he can pan out to be the #2 in Arthur Smith offense , I was reading he did most of the dirty work for the WRs in Washington offense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I like Sinnott in a Shanny / Lafleur offense. The next Juice Check 

That is exactly why I took him haha. We've been trying to find that the entire time Matty's been here and Sinnott is the perfect copy of Juice to make it happen. I fully expect that man to be a Packer come the actual draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dcat said:

Stepping out to go to dinner at my daughter's.  Maybe check in, maybe not but probably not.  Keep it going I'll updae sheet later.  Thanks for keeping it rolling.

Hope you check back in since you're OTC haha

Seahawks had Sinnott all lined up.

But I’m considering the coaching staff, and I don’t remember university of Washington ever using their TEs. And Baltimore did invest heavily at LB. So I decided to take my guy to plug a big ILB hole. 

Sorta hoped Sinnott would survive a round 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Seahawks had Sinnott all lined up.

But I’m considering the coaching staff, and I don’t remember university of Washington ever using their TEs. And Baltimore did invest heavily at LB. So I decided to take my guy to plug a big ILB hole. 

Sorta hoped Sinnott would survive a round 

Which is funny because I had Wallace pegged as an ILB option for my 4th rounder haha

• Like 1

hey guys,

have we been moving slower than expected today, or was i way off in where i thought we would be picking by now? i've been on the road all day, and still am, and check in every couple of hours. i'll be home in another two and by then it will be 11 pm Eastern time.

i'd say it's a fair bet i won't be needed tonight to turn pick #109 in, right?

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey guys,

have we been moving slower than expected today, or was i way off in where i thought we would be picking by now? i've been on the road all day, and still am, and check in every couple of hours. i'll be home in another two and by then it will be 11 pm Eastern time.

i'd say it's a fair bet i won't be needed tonight to turn pick #109 in, right?

Yeah, i don't think we are going to get that far

• Like 1