2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Shoulda kept Jonathan Owens and Simone Biles.

We gave him to the Bears because we knew he’d be in Paris for camp. Handshake deal. He comes back stinking drunk on Bordeuax and Armagnac from celebrating the gold medals.  Sees red and lights Caleb up in his first practice. He gets cut. Pack re-signs Mr. And Mrs. Biles right before we  head to Brazil. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

King getting reps with the #1 defense is interesting to see.

Feels like lots of depth players get reps with the #1 O or D at some point in TC.  It's a good sign, but unless it's preseason games and he is resting/ playing limited snaps like the starters it may not mean much

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

King getting reps with the #1 defense is interesting to see.

He only has to beat out Nixon. Love Nixon as a kick returner, but he's not exactly a lock-down nickel back. 

As for Nixon, 'this is how we remind him who he really is!' 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

We remind him that he is an overpaid kick returner at $6m per season!!!!!!

It was a play/joke on the term nickel back. 

Edited by Old Guy

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Would be amazing if our DB room is actually really good. 

I think it’s where Hafley will spend most of his specialized attention. Of course he’s the coordinator for the whole show but he came up as a DB coach. Hopefully he can scheme it up to max out the talent there. 

• Like 2

That same question has crossed my mind, OldGuy.  I'd have liked some happy stories about how LVN was emerging as a great player; making a big 2nd-year leap; how quick and explosive he looks; standing out and clearly emerging as an impact guy; strength/quickness/explosion on a different level; will be starting this year, or at least obviously under consideration to start; etc..  

But don't think I've heard any mention.  First-week invisible.  Still being used as a 2nd-team depth guy during first week.  (Some variation in who's opened with first team inside, Slaton and Wyatt, but thus far LVN hasn't been listed with first-line defense any of the media days.). 

A lot of enthusiasm about that draft.  But it would sure be nice if LVN could emerge as a really good starter.   

• Like 1