2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

5 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The world in general doesn't know what to make of GB's group of WR's.  In the initial Madden 25 ratings, there isn't a single GB receiver in the top 50.  It's pretty wild.

Disgusting

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is Family Night going to tell us anything about any possible roster battles, or do we have to wait for an actual preseason game? That is on the 5% chance that it doesn't get rained out.

They should have a winner take all kicking battle on family night. Sudden death until someone misses a kick. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is Family Night going to tell us anything about any possible roster battles, or do we have to wait for an actual preseason game? That is on the 5% chance that it doesn't get rained out.

Family night won't tell us anything.  Every year I start watching family night, and within the first 30 minutes, I am asking myself why I am watching it.  This year will be no different.

Family night is for the fans, and that's fine.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Family night won't tell us anything.  Every year I start watching family night, and within the first 30 minutes, I am asking myself why I am watching it.  This year will be no different.

Family night is for the fans, and that's fine.

Yeah .. it's an awful TV experience.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Definitely what we're looking for but also need a big leg in lambeau. 

Obviously have to do better than last year but kickers are pretty damn fickle. Look at the the top 10 success % kickers last year. Most of those dudes with big legs have had some kill the kicker seasons. 

It's probably going to be a rough ride with either Carlson or Joseph.  We mine as well accept it now.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

Especially when you factor in Musgrave, Kraft, and Sims ( ya I said it) and the RB potential too.

I am optimistic about the 2024 season, but 2025 is absolutely SB or bust.  This roster should be firing on all cylinders a year from now.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Yea i dont play that game so its no love lost for me but it strikes me as a really bad eval

Probably. 

But also looking at it from the outside, "what's so great - yeah, one of these guys lucked into 10 td seasons but 64-793-8 is the best they've managed? Looks pedestrian." 

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think it was the Dallas game maybe for Watson part of a 3 game stretch where he looked like he could be a stud #1. He was high-pointing, he looked strong at the point of catch. I didn't remember seeing those receiver SKILLS from him before. He's always been talent and needed to develop the skills and I saw that flash last year in limited occurrences. I spoke about it at the time as well. 

I was getting low on Watson but he showed more potential to be a real WR last year if he can stay healthy. 

Very very exciting group.

Naw.  Watson sucked last year.  He's always sucked.  j/k

Being serious now.....I feel like he still won't "get it" this year.  Next year is when he's going to be very, very good.  He was just behind in everything coming out based on his collegiate offense.  This year he will be WR3 by the end of the year, firmly behind Doubs and Reed.  But he's going to be the flashiest toy out there.  Those other guys are just more reliable.  

Also?  Wouldn't fight yah if you or anyone else thought that Wicks would bypass Watson this year.  Wicks is just that good on his own and there's no way he's drawing anything better than CB3 or CB4.  He's flat out going to abuse those guys.

19 hours ago, Gopackgonerd said:

You got 4 pretty good players above him though. Wasn't expecting him to eclipse them right away anyways

I stand by this though. If he was better able to get after the QB, they would give other players more rest to keep them fresh when it really counts and he'd have gotten more opertunities.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am optimistic about the 2024 season, but 2025 is absolutely SB or bust.  This roster should be firing on all cylinders a year from now.

This is super accurate.  I don't want to say last season was a fluke, because I don't think that it was.  But it was beyond expectations.  We need to remember that 2023 was about evaluation, 2024 is about competing, and 2025 is about winning.  As fans, we still need to be patient with this team, it is still super young, and though we jumped ahead a little, 2025 is still the time table.

• Like 1