2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

45 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is super accurate.  I don't want to say last season was a fluke, because I don't think that it was.  But it was beyond expectations.  We need to remember that 2023 was about evaluation, 2024 is about competing, and 2025 is about winning.  As fans, we still need to be patient with this team, it is still super young, and though we jumped ahead a little, 2025 is still the time table.

I thought we'd be a 13-4 team in 2023 but our defense underperformed expectations. 

We have (I believe) a more difficult schedule in 2024, so I think I have a similar record expectation, but believe we'll be a better squad top to bottom.

There's no good reason why we shouldn't be a "SB or bust" team this year. We were really damn close last year and trending up.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I thought we'd be a 13-4 team in 2023 but our defense underperformed expectations. 

We have (I believe) a more difficult schedule in 2024, so I think I have a similar record expectation, but believe we'll be a better squad top to bottom.

There's no good reason why we shouldn't be a "SB or bust" team this year. We were really damn close last year and trending up.

The difference for me is that this year I am "hoping" for a SB appearance, while next year I will consider the Packers season a failure if they don't get there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

The difference for me is that this year I am "hoping" for a SB appearance, while next year I will consider the Packers season a failure if they don't get there.

I think our best bet between 2024 and 2025 will be whichever season we are healthier. 

We should simultaneously enjoy this time whilst managing expectations based on "luck". But right now is about as exciting as football gets for a fan base and I'm here for it!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

You had a higher take than most for ‘23. I believed we would have 10+ wins and hopefully make the playoffs but that was mostly due to the teams we played being mediocre. Things turned out more or less as I expected but I thought our lowest points were lower than my expectations and happily our high points were higher and came near the end of the season.  Yes the young receivers got better but having 33 there really changed how we were able to attack.

Similar to the 9ers, this offense needs a strong running game to really cause problems everywhere else. I think we might have that this year but it will not gel right away with the line and new RBs without a few bumps in the road. Meanwhile, the competition will be nastier this year but we are going to see a much more poised GB offense and QB. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

We’re definitely in SB or bust mode. We’re only going to have all these guys on cheap deals for so long. The team is loaded , they won a playoff game last year and had the NFC champs on the ropes. We should be legitimately hoping for a SB this year . 

I also have a lot of money on us to do so

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am optimistic about the 2024 season, but 2025 is absolutely SB or bust.  This roster should be firing on all cylinders a year from now.

I hear ya, but considering that Dallas performance, young roster a year older, and upgraded defense im ready for a 2024 run

I think the test for "superbowl or bust" is that what is actually going to go wrong in case they come up short this season (a thing that's going to happen to 31 NFL teams).  Like there are some teams where their expiring contracts, cap situation, and age incrementing threaten apocalyptic things about the team, but the Packers are young and the biggest names with expiring contracts after this year are like Dillon and Stokes.

The ceiling of this team is as high as any other team, but they're still really young so if they come up short I don't think we should feel terrible.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

You had a higher take than most for ‘23. I believed we would have 10+ wins and hopefully make the playoffs but that was mostly due to the teams we played being mediocre. Things turned out more or less as I expected but I thought our lowest points were lower than my expectations and happily our high points were higher and came near the end of the season.  Yes the young receivers got better but having 33 there really changed how we were able to attack.

Similar to the 9ers, this offense needs a strong running game to really cause problems everywhere else. I think we might have that this year but it will not gel right away with the line and new RBs without a few bumps in the road. Meanwhile, the competition will be nastier this year but we are going to see a much more poised GB offense and QB. 

I think a tougher schedule is just what this team needs to take that next step.  If the Packers are going to retake the division this season, they'll have to earn it.

5 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The ceiling of this team is as high as any other team, but they're still really young so if they come up short I don't think we should feel terrible.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that you don't want to blow opportunities. The Favre/Holmgren/White teams had a window from 94-98 and the result was one title 

The Rodgers/Woodson/McCarthy teams had a window from 09-14 and the result was...one title 

Rodgers/LaFleur had about two years of "why not us?" that resulted in nothing.

The 9ers current window is closing in a season or two and they've got nothing. The Bills window might have closed and they've got nothing. Don't waste these opportunities 

• Like 2