Alt or Odunze at 7?

deeluxx3

Alt or Odunze at 7?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Alt or Odunze at 7?

• Alt
    • Odunze

It's a risk, but I'd probably go Odunze and draft a tackle in the 2nd. Tyke Tolbert has a solid track record, but Bill seems to be a Munchak-esque type of coach that should be able to get good play out of anyone with talent.

I talk about how exciting a receiver would be, but winning ain't about excitement. Kind of have gone back and forth in my head. But gun to my head, I am picking Alt (or whoever we think is the best based on the organizations judgement) every time. We have two guys at receiver, and I think a receiver will be very getable later in the draft, or even a TE, that can be a threat in the passing game.

You look at the top tackles in the league and they really just don't get drafted outside the first round. Great coaches still need talent.

My final wish, is to ultimately trade back. If we can slide back a few slots, still get a great tackle we love and fill the third round hole or even more with some draft assets next year, I am all in for that. 

The only way I think we don't take a tackle, is if a guy we absolutely are in love with drops (MHJ or Nabers) and maybe we see a tackle we like that we can maybe trade up for late in the first.

I really see us trading back or taking a tackle tho.

8 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

It's a risk, but I'd probably go Odunze and draft a tackle in the 2nd. Tyke Tolbert has a solid track record, but Bill seems to be a Munchak-esque type of coach that should be able to get good play out of anyone with talent.

Do we know his track record of getting good play from non-highly drafted tackles?

if there were any tackles i felt okay about at the top of the second, i'd go odunze, but the patrick pauls and kingsley suamataias of the world don't inspire confidence in me for a position where we need a day 1 starter. i'd go alt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Do we know his track record of getting good play from non-highly drafted tackles?

Not off the top of my head, just know that offensive lines under him, even when struck by injuries and backups have to step in, still excel at high levels.

Also helps of course that we have a high 2nd round pick, so will still be a relatively high rated tackle. That being said of course, I have no idea how the Titans FO and Callahan feel about the OT draft class. It could be very possible that they have the first round rated tackles(Alt as the example) well above the other tackles(Suamatia perhaps) in the draft, where as maybe, they don't see as big of a gap between Oduze and, I dunno, Xavier Legette or someone like that.

To me though with how pass heavy we want to be that we almost have to get a receiver that they really like. DHop is on the last year of his deal and while still a good player, is obviously starting to decline physically with age, so counting on having him beyond this season isn't a given. If we want to sling the ball all over the field, we need a better #3 than what we've currently got on the roster, and need someone who can potentially replace DHop as the #1/#2(depending on how good Ridley is I guess) in 2025 as well.

• Like 1

If I'm GM, I take Odunze. My philosophy would be drafting players at impact positions in the 1st round. Especially top 10. I feel no one lineman can ultimately change a line. You need a solid group. 
And to form a great group, I don't think you need world changing talent. I look at the Browns with Joe Thomas. The Browns had 10 wins once (rookie year) while they had an HOF OT. 

I look at last year's Niners. They have an OT they traded for in FA, and that player is the only guy that was drafted before the 3rd round. The Niners line is considered one of the best, if not the best in the league. 

The Eagles have "the best line" in the league and one player drafted in the 1st round. 
Now one could say KingTitan, both examples have highly drafted OT's their roster. Lane Johnson (RT/1st round 4th overall) and Williams (LT 1st round 4th overall). I would say great point.  :) 

I'd say we have a highly drafted OL in Skron on roster. lol Weak comeback but that's what I got. lol

If I were GM, I'd take the WR. The one that can score TDs. I think we can manufacture a productive offensive line unit with coaching and drafting the right guys. 
Part of our problem in recent history as been drafting the wrong people. I feel we have been drafting guys without consideration to what we want them to do as an unit. 
Wilson and Radunz are completely different players. No similarities. 
I'm hopeful now that we are drafting specifically for our scheme. OG Callahan has a great history of productive units. I'm trusting that. 

I'm going Alt and I think it pretty obvious why. I'm more curious why people would choose Rome. He a great player but what is your reasonable plan for the online next year? 

6 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

I'm going Alt and I think it pretty obvious why. I'm more curious why people would choose Rome. He a great player but what is your reasonable plan for the online next year? 

For me... I feel they will pick Alt and have no issues with that. It's just discussion of what I'd do or prefer.

First, I'd obviously have to feel confident in the OL that would likely be available at that spot in the 2nd. I'd trust my scouts/tape and opinion of OG Callahan. If he thinks someone like Tyler Guyton, Kingsley Suamataia, Roger Rosengarten or Blake Fisher could be depended on, then I'm going to pick the WR.  Along with the addition of Cushenberry, try signing Andrus Peat and a competent coach, I'd think improved OL play is a reasonable expectation. 

31 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Not off the top of my head, just know that offensive lines under him, even when struck by injuries and backups have to step in, still excel at high levels.

Also helps of course that we have a high 2nd round pick, so will still be a relatively high rated tackle. That being said of course, I have no idea how the Titans FO and Callahan feel about the OT draft class. It could be very possible that they have the first round rated tackles(Alt as the example) well above the other tackles(Suamatia perhaps) in the draft, where as maybe, they don't see as big of a gap between Oduze and, I dunno, Xavier Legette or someone like that.

To me though with how pass heavy we want to be that we almost have to get a receiver that they really like. DHop is on the last year of his deal and while still a good player, is obviously starting to decline physically with age, so counting on having him beyond this season isn't a given. If we want to sling the ball all over the field, we need a better #3 than what we've currently got on the roster, and need someone who can potentially replace DHop as the #1/#2(depending on how good Ridley is I guess) in 2025 as well.

i don’t see any indication that we’re going to be an extremely pass-heavy team. obviously callahan has indicated that we’re going to be passing more, but we could pass 5 or 6 times more per game and still be right in the middle of the pack because we’ve consistently been right at the bottom of the league in attempts. just because we have a coach who talks about throwing the ball like a normal 21st century coach does doesn’t mean we’re going to immediately become texas tech. cincy has leaned toward the pass with burrow, but they were 20th in the league in attempts per game the year they went to the Super Bowl- and one other thing callahan has been quite clear about is that will levis isn’t joe burrow.