DRAFT DAY ONE:

JetsandI

What do you think that will happen to the 10th overall selection?

Popular pick via internet is Brock Bowers.

Graham Barton and Bryon Murphy II are latest prospects who are knocking on the top 10 door.

Jets' top OL targets are Joe Alt, Taliese Fuaga and Troy Fautanu (knee situation alert).

Trade out?

I am already sick of hearing Bowers going to Jets. 

I don't know if I will accept either Barton or Murphy there but I don't mind Cooper DeJean as a dark horse pick.

I heard Sauce may travel on the field in 2024 so DeJean's zone awareness may be useful there in case if Gardner leaves his side.

I want a T or WR. If none are worth the pick trade down. If a trade down is not there take the best T. This draft is loaded with WR and I think T drop after the first big 3. No way do I want a TE and Bowers is not that special. He just happens to be TE 1 in the draft and everyone wants to talk up the TE spot when it has little to no effect on the game. Heck I could argue a K is more important than a TE. No point in going on how much I hate the TE spot. 

In the end I predict the Jets move down grab a 2nd round pick and fall to the middle teens and end up with a T. I then expect a WR in round 2 and round 3 will be a QB followed by a big DT with the following pick. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I am already sick of hearing Bowers going to Jets. 

I don't know if I will accept either Barton or Murphy there but I don't mind Cooper DeJean as a dark horse pick.

I heard Sauce may travel on the field in 2024 so DeJean's zone awareness may be useful there in case if Gardner leaves his side.

After the strong FA period we had this year. I will be very happy with an OT or WR with our 10 overall pick in the draft. This will be my 61 Jet draft. Back then the NFL draft was crazy, we had 14 rounds, The AFL & NFL we separate leagues, and we drafted Joe Nameth, & the same year the ST Louis Cards drafted Joe Namath, with their first-round pick. WE won and the rest  is history.. 

I feel like the jets board may be 

1) Joe Alt

2) Harrison/Nabbers/odunze

3) Bowers

4)Fuaga/Fantanu/Latham

I'm sure the QBs are somewhere in there too but I can't see they actually using a high first in a QB with Rodgers here. Hed riot.

I don't want Bowers because of the absolutely massive bust risk but atleast there is a sky high upside and the blueprint with Laporta is there.

I’d love a trade down but IDK who is trading up. 
Arizona has a ton of picks. Do they go MHJ then trade up for OL/D? I feel like all of the OL from 10-20 are the same tier, pick your preference. 
Maybe Philly for the best CB?

Grabbing an extra 2nd would be helpful and I’m cool with any of the mid round OL because we will be developing them behind Smith. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’d love a trade down but IDK who is trading up. 
Arizona has a ton of picks. Do they go MHJ then trade up for OL/D? I feel like all of the OL from 10-20 are the same tier, pick your preference. 
Maybe Philly for the best CB?

Grabbing an extra 2nd would be helpful and I’m cool with any of the mid round OL because we will be developing them behind Smith. 

Indy supposedly loves Bowers

First round targets I would be happy with:

Jayden Daniels, Marvin Harrison Jr., Drake Maye, Malik Nabers, Joe Alt, Rome Odunze, Olu Fashanu, Taliese Fuaga, Troy Fautanu (OG Only), 
JC Latham, Cooper DeJean, Michael Penix Jr., Tyler Guyton, Amarius Mims and Brock Bowers. 

Bowers only works if he becomes a 1,000y receiving threat because he would handle our need for another WR but Conklin is better than his stats. Daniels and Harrison are the only 2 I would trade up for. I think Brian Thomas can produce just as much as Nabers and Odunze, but I wouldn't be mad if we traded up for those 2 as well. 

This class has great depth in all the positions I'm interested in, so I'm not locked in drafting a specific position in the first round. I would love to pull a trade with the rams. 

Leaning Receiver. G is the only WR we can truly count on.

Lazard sucks, Gipson/Brownlee are unproven, Williams is injured already, Cobb will probably be back on vet deal. Draft Nabers who’s looking like WR3 in the class and you have a solid duo with G going forward. 

That or Tackle.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Leaning Receiver. G is the only WR we can truly count on.

Lazard sucks, Gipson/Brownlee are unproven, Williams is injured already, Cobb will probably be back on vet deal. Draft Nabers who’s looking like WR3 in the class and you have a solid duo with G going forward. 

That or Tackle.

I think Odunze would be an unbelievable compliment to GW but either way him or Nabers would be an insane WR duo. 

7 hours ago, drew39k said:

I feel like the jets board may be 

1) Joe Alt

2) Harrison/Nabbers/odunze

3) Bowers

4)Fuaga/Fantanu/Latham

I'm sure the QBs are somewhere in there too but I can't see they actually using a high first in a QB with Rodgers here. Hed riot.

I don't want Bowers because of the absolutely massive bust risk but atleast there is a sky high upside and the blueprint with Laporta is there.

This is exactly as I see it. Though I wouldn’t be surprised to see them take one of those OL over Bowers

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes but who is going to take him? Teams ahead need QB, OT, DE and CB can go there etc. 

I could see them trade up to get ahead of us. Joes mentioned TE plenty this offseason so if he sold the idea we’re interested in him they could move a head of us to get him