2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Commanders are on the clock at 1.2, but we all know they’re basically on it right now with Williams a foregone conclusion to the Bears.  

Also, please refrain from posting spoilers.  I know, especially later in the draft, picks make it to Twitter before they are on TV, but please keep spoilers to yourself.  

Commanders Draft Choices as of Wednesday Night: 

Round 1, Pick 2

Round 2, Pick 36

Round 2, Pick 40

Round 3, Pick 67

Round 3, Pick 78

Round 3, Pick 100

Round 5, Pick 139

Round 5, Pick 152

Round 7, Pick 222

I just want to make it known, that I believe Washington will trade down from #2 to somewhere else.

I'm not 100% sure where, or who. I don't think it will be the Raiders, but it might be either Arizona or Minny.

Gonna go with my gut & say Arizona @4.

16 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I just want to make it known, that I believe Washington will trade down from #2 to somewhere else.

I'm not 100% sure where, or who. I don't think it will be the Raiders, but it might be either Arizona or Minny.

Arizona has literally no reason to trade up to 2 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I get that some fans want to trade down. You do realize that means Harris, Peters and Quinn have to try and sell Marcus Mariota to a fanbase that has basically given up on this franchise already?  I get that any of these guys could ultimately end up being great or being terrible but if you don't give this fanbase some hope you are driving even more fans away. 

Todays the day gents. Hopefully in 3-4 years we will look back at this draft as the beginning of a dynasty. We have lots of picks in the top 100 and it's a top heavy draft. It all starts with their decision at #2, the QBotF. We have heard a lot of smoke about one prospect or another, but today they finally get to choose. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

While we will also keep a running tab, I would also like for us to make a thread with who the pick is.  I will not be around on Friday to help with that.  

Yeah, unfortunately I am not around this weekend to help with it either. Maybe Saturday... 

• naptownskinsfan changed the title to 2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)
1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Still holding out hope for Maye lol

I actually hope you’re right buddy. As much as I love JJ and see the excitement of JD I would just love to have a big frigen guy with a cannon

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually hope you’re right buddy. As much as I love JJ and see the excitement of JD I would just love to have a big frigen guy with a cannon

Behind our current OL, we might need the tank back there to withstand the first season’s worth of hits. 

• Like 1